7 Company Stocks Attracting Major Trading Interest June 17th
The Dow Jones (NYSE:DIA) is trading higher at 11,985, the S&P 500 (NYSE:SPY) is higher at 1,269 and the Nasdaq (NASDAQ:QQQ) is lower at 2,612 on the 116th trading day of 2011, as these stocks hit our radar:
1) Research In Motion Limited (NASDAQ:RIMM): Shares of Research In Motion Limited are trading lower over 20% to $27.93 per share today. Over 97 million shares have traded hands today relative to the daily average of 16 million shares. The company known for its Blackberry devices lower guidance and issued a disappointing earnings report to investors. Research In Motion Limited (RIM) designs, manufactures, and markets wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market. The Company provides platforms and solutions for access to email, phone, SMS messaging, Internet, and Intranet-based applications.
2) ING Groep N.V. (NYSE:ING): Shares of ING Groep N.V. are trading higher 4% to $11.75 per share today. Over 3 million shares have traded hands relative to the 2.29 million daily average. Capital One (NYSE:COF) is set to acquire ING’s U.S. Online Deposit division for $9 billion. ING Groep N.V. offers financial services to individuals, corporations, and other institutions. The Company offers corporate, investment, and private banking services, asset and portfolio management, treasury services, and insurance. ING Groep has offices throughout the world.
3) Capital One Financial Corp. (NYSE:COF): Shares of Capital One Financial Corp. are trading lower .69% to $48.66 per share today. Over 4.3 million shares have traded hands. Capital One’s new acquisition of ING’s U.S. Online Deposit division for $9 billion now makes it the fifth largest deposit institution in the U.S. Capital One Financial Corporation is a diversified bank. The Bank, through its subsidiaries, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients both domestically and internationally. Capital One has bank locations in Connecticut, Louisiana, New Jersey, New York, and Texas. Discover Financial Services Second Quarter Earnings Sneak Peek>>
4) Zoran Corporation (NASDAQ:ZRAN): Shares of Zoran Corporation are trading higher over 14% to $8.24 per share today. Over 5.8 million shares have traded hands relative to the 669,000 daily average. The company is being bought by a British chipmaker CSR plc for $484 million, a more reduced price than originally expected. Zoran Corporation develops and markets software, integrated circuits (NYSE:ICS), and IC intellectual property (NYSE:IP) cores for digital audio and video applications enabled by compression. The Company also provides complete reference designs based on its technology. Applications incorporating Zoran’s products and IP include video editing systems, filmless digital cameras, and audio speakers.
5) Harbin Electric, Inc. (NASDAQ:HRBN): Shares of Harbin Electric, Inc. are trading higher over 20% to $8.44 per share today. Almost 6 million shares have traded hands relative to the 1.7 million daily average. Are shorts covering shares today? Harbin Electric, Inc. designs, develops, and manufactures linear motors and special electric motors. The Company builds customized linear motors for a variety of applications and industries. Harbin Electric provides its linear motor products and systems to end users throughout China, as well as other industrial original equipment manufacturers overseas.
6) Primo Water Corporation (NASDAQ:PRMW): Shares of Primo Water Corporation are trading higher 16% to $13.10 per share today. Over 1.8 million shares have traded hands relative to the 158,000 daily average. The company issued 6 million shares of public shares to the market at $11.26 per share today. Primo Water Corp. provides purified bottled water and water dispensers. The Company provides water dispensers, bottles and a service to exchange empty bottles at major retailers.
7) Booz Allen Hamilton Holding Corporation (NYSE:BAH): Shares of Booz Allen Hamilton Holding Corporation are trading higher 3.76% to $18.21 per share today. Over 1.42 million share have traded hands relative to the 249,000 daily average. Competitor Accenture is set to release earnings in the coming days. Booz Allen Hamilton Holding Corp. provides management and technology consulting services to the U.S. government in the defense, intelligence and civil markets. The Company offers economic and business analysis, information technology, intelligence and operations analysis, modeling and simulation, organization and other consulting services.
Father’s Day is Approaching June 19th: Make Your Father the Rich Dad with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s Winning Newsletter!