Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 7 stocks that hit 52-week lows in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $2 billion:
- BMC Software Inc. (NASDAQ:BMC): Down 1.22% to $36.53. BMC Software, Inc. provides management solutions for mainframe and distributed information technology systems. The Company’s portfolio of software solutions spans enterprise systems, applications, databases and IT process management. BMC also provides maintenance and support for its products and performs software implementation, integration and education services for its customers.
- Fortune Brands Inc. (NYSE:FO): Down 13.84% to $46.70. Fortune Brands, Inc. is a holding company with operating companies that offers home and hardware products, produces wines and spirits, and offers golf products.
- Human Genome Sciences Inc. (NASDAQ:HGSI): Down 7.25% to $11.13. Human Genome Sciences, Inc. researches and develops proprietary pharmaceutical and diagnostic products. The Company’s products predict, prevent, detect, treat, and cure disease based on the discovery of human and microbial genes.
- National Bank of Greece SA (NYSE:NBG): Down 5% to $0.57. National Bank of Greece S.A. offers retail and corporate banking services. The Bank accepts deposits and offers loans, lease financing, mortgages, and investing and insurance services to industrial, commercial, and consumer clients. National Bank of Greece operates domestically and overseas.
- Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ:NFLX): Down 4.77% to $111.62. Netflix Inc. is an online movie rental service. The Company ships DVDs with no due dates or late fees, directly to the subscriber’s address. Netflix also provides background information on DVD releases, including critic reviews, member reviews and ratings, and personalized movie recommendations.
- Sprint Nextel Corp. (NYSE:S): Down 7.88% to $2.22. Sprint Nextel Corporation offers a range of wireless and wireline communications services to consumer, business, and government customers. The Company develops, engineers, and deploys various technologies, including two wireless networks offering mobile data services, instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities, and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone.
- Superior Energy Services Inc. (NYSE:SPN): Down 13.79% to $23.63. Superior Energy Services, Inc. provides specialized oilfield services and equipment. The Company conducts operations offshore in the Gulf of Mexico and throughout the Gulf Coast region. Superior leases oilfield equipment, provides oil and gas well plug and abandonment services, and provides other equipment and services.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from FINVIZ.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>