Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 7 stocks that hit 52-week highs in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $2 billion:
- Duke Energy Corporation (NYSE:DUK): Change 0% to $19.80. Duke Energy Corporation is an energy company located primarily in the Americas that owns an integrated network of energy assets. The Company manages a portfolio of natural gas and electric supply, delivery, and trading businesses in the United States and Latin America.
- Nuance Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:NUAN): Up 4.11% to $23.30. Nuance Communications, Inc. provides speech and imaging solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. The Company’s products include a speech recognizer, call steering, and a product that converts text into speech.
- Cephalon Inc. (NASDAQ:CEPH): Up 0.07% to $81.49. Cephalon, Inc. is an international biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and markets biopharmaceutical products to treat neurological disorders, pain, and cancer. The Company’s products include a product that treats excessive daytime sleepiness associated with narcolepsy.
- Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates Inc. (NASDAQ:VSEA): Up 0.21% to $62.19. Varian Semiconductor Equipment Associates, Inc. designs, manufactures, markets, and services semiconductor processing equipment used in the fabrication of integrated circuits. The Company supplies ion implantation systems used to manufacture semiconductor chips.
- Questar Corporation (NYSE:STR): Up 1.25% to $19.39. Questar Corporation is a natural gas-focused energy company. The Company’s operations include gas and oil exploration and production, midstream field services, energy marketing, interstate gas transportation, and retail gas distribution.
- Cree Inc. (NASDAQ:CREE): Up 3.19% to $29.42. Cree, Inc. develops and manufactures semiconductor materials and electronic devices made from silicon carbide (SiC). The Company uses proprietary technology to make enabling compound semiconductors such as blue and green light emitting diodes, SiC crystals used in the production of unique gemstones, and SiC wafers that are sold for device production and research.
- PriceSmart Inc. (NASDAQ:PSMT): Down 1.37% to $73.50. PriceSmart, Inc. owns and manages international merchandising businesses. The Company licenses and owns membership stores using the trade name PriceSmart and PriceCostco. PriceSmart’s international market consists of Latin America and Asia. The Company also operates domestic merchandising programs, including its Auto Referral Program and its Travel Program.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from FINVIZ.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>