7 Stocks Generating Heavy Morning Share Volume in Today’s Trading
- SPDR S&P 500 ETF (NYSE:SPY): 1.41 million shares have traded hands today, and the company has a market capitalization of $91.95 billion. About the company: SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust is a unit investment trust incorporated in the United States. The Trust consists of a portfolio representing all 500 stocks in the S&P 500 Index.
- Sirius XM Radio Inc. (NASDAQ:SIRI): 685,690 shares have traded hands today, and the company has a market capitalization of $8.52 billion. About the company: Sirius XM Radio Inc. broadcasts various channels of audio from its satellites. The Company provides its services throughout the continental United States for a monthly subscription fee. Sirius delivers various streams of commercial-free music in every genre, as well as streams of news, sports, weather, talk, comedy, and public radio.
- Petrohawk Energy Corporation (NYSE:HK): 562,300 shares have traded hands today, and the company has a market capitalization of $11.62 billion. Petrohawk Energy Corporation is an oil and gas company. The Company participates in the exploration and production of natural gas and crude oil. Petrohawk’s operations are currently focused in proven oil and gas producing trends primarily in South Texas, Louisiana, and Central California.
- Bank of Ireland (NYSE:IRE): 499,448 shares have traded hands today, and the company has a market capitalization of $1.77 billion. The Governor and Company of the Bank of Ireland provides a range of banking, life insurance and other financial services to customers in Ireland and United Kingdom. Services include branch banking, personal and business loans, loan insurance, mortgages, foreign exchange, correspondent banking, credit cards and stockbroking.
- Nokia Corporation (NYSE:NOK): 460,805 shares have traded hands today, and the company has a market capitalization of $22.26 billion. About the company: Nokia Corporation is a player in the mobile industry. The Company makes a range of mobile devices with services and software that enable people to experience music, navigation, video, television, imaging, games, business mobility and more. Nokia also provides equipment, solutions and services for communications networks.
- BP plc (NYSE:BP): 420,165 shares have traded hands today, and the company has a market capitalization of $145.28 billion. About the company: BP plc is an oil and petrochemicals company. The Company explores for and produces oil and natural gas, refines, markets, and supplies petroleum products, generates solar energy, and manufactures and markets chemicals. BP’s chemicals include terephthalic acid, acetic acid, acrylonitrile, ethylene and polyethylene.
- Banco Santander, S.A. (NYSE:STD): 392,990 shares have traded hands today, and the company has a market capitalization of $94.87 billion. About the company: Banco Santander SA attracts deposits and offers retail, commercial and private banking, and asset management services. The Bank offers consumer credit, mortgage loans, lease financing, factoring, mutual funds, pension funds, insurance, commercial credit, investment banking services, structured finance, and advice on mergers and acquisitions.
(Note: Data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>