7 Stocks in Demand and Sparking Trader Interest Today
- Banco Santander SA (NYSE:BSBR): Shares of Banco Santander SA are trading lower today following lead bank JP Morgan’s stock selloff. Banco Santander Brasil SA attracts deposits and offers retail, commercial and private banking, and asset management services. The Bank offers consumer credit, mortgage loans, lease financing, mutual funds, insurance, commercial credit, investment banking services, and structured finance.
- Nokia Corporation (NYSE:NOK): Shares of Nokia Corporation are trading lower today after announcing it will release a new Windows phone in the second half of 2012. Bullish reports continue to point toward the Apple iPhone and away from Nokia and Blackberry. Nokia Corporation is a player in the mobile industry. The Company makes a range of mobile devices with services and software that enable people to experience music, navigation, video, television, imaging, games, business mobility and more. Nokia also provides equipment, solutions and services for communications networks.
- Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS): Shares of Morgan Stanley are trading lower 4% today after bellwether JPMorgan disappointed investors with their quarterly earnings report. Morgan Stanley, a bank holding company, provides diversified financial services on a worldwide basis. The Company operates a global securities business which serves individual and institutional investors and investment banking clients. Morgan Stanley also operates a global asset management business.
- British American Tobacco (AMEX:BTI): Shares of British American Tobacco are trading higher today as investors flock to defensive stocks. British American Tobacco PLC is the holding company for a group of companies that manufacture, market and sell cigarettes and other tobacco products, including cigars and roll-your-own tobacco.
- Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ:SYMC): Shares of Symantec Corporation are trading lower today. Symantec Corporation provides security, storage and systems management solutions to help businesses and consumers secure and manage their information. The Company offers software and services that protect, manage and control information risks related to security, data protection, storage, compliance and management.
- Chesapeake Midstream Partners, L.P. (NYSE:CHKM): Shares of Chesapeake Midstream Partners, L.P. are trading higher today. Chesapeake Midstream Partners LP owns, operates, develops, and acquires natural gas gathering systems and other midstream energy assets. The Company is principally focused on natural gas gathering, the first segment of midstream energy infrastructure that connects natural gas produced at the wellhead to third-party takeaway pipelines.
- United States Natural Gas Fund, LP (NYSE:UNG): Shares of United States Natural Gas Fund, LP are trading higher today. United States Natural Gas Fund LP is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund’s objective is for the units’ net asset value to reflect the performance of the price of natural gas delivered at the Henry Hub, Louisiana, as measured by the futures contract on natural gas traded on the New York Mercantile Exchange.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>