- Diageo plc (NYSE:DEO): Up 1.44% to $85.42. Diageo plc produces, distills and markets alcoholic beverages. The Company’s premium drinks brands include Smirnoff, J&B, Johnnie Walker, Jose Cuervo, Seagrams, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray, Baileys, Harp, and Guinness Stout.
- Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd. (NYSE:CHT): Up 1.25% to $33.18. Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd. provides local, domestic, and international long distance services. The Company also offers wireless telecommunication, paging, and Internet services.
- Vivo Participacoes S.A. (NYSE:VIV): Up 3.26% to $46.24. Vivo Participacoes S.A. provides mobile telecommunication services, cellular phone data transmission and mobile internet services throughout Brazil.
- Sprint Nextel Corp. (NYSE:S): Up 1.72% to $5.93. Sprint Nextel Corporation offers a range of wireless and wireline communications services to consumer, business, and government customers. The Company develops, engineers, and deploys various technologies, including two wireless networks offering mobile data services, instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities, and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Competitors to Watch: AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T), Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ), Clearwire Corporation (NASDAQ:CLWR), Deutsche Telekom AG (DTEGY), MetroPCS Communications, Inc. (NYSE:PCS), Leap Wireless Intl., Inc. (NASDAQ:LEAP), NTELOS Holdings Corp. (NASDAQ:NTLS), United States Cellular Corp. (NYSE:USM), Telephone & Data Systems, Inc. (NYSE:TDS), and CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE:CTL).
- Telecomunicacoes de Sao Paulo S.A. – TELESP (NYSE:TSP): Up 5.23% to $30.40. Telesp – Telecomunicacoes de Sao Paulo S.A. provides local telecommunication services to the Brazilian State of Sao Paulo. The Company provides voice, data and video telecommunication services to consumers, businesses and government entities.
- Annaly Capital Management, Inc. (NYSE:NLY): Up 0.5% to $18.16. Annaly Capital Management Inc. is a real estate investment trust which owns and manages assets and funds on behalf of institutional and individual investors worldwide. The Company manages a portfolio of mortgage backed securities, including mortgage pass through certificates, collaterized mortgage obligations, and other securities.
- TIM Participacoes S.A. (NYSE:TSU): Up 2.67% to $49.64. Tim Participacoes S.A. provides mobile telecommunications services, cellular phone data transmission and mobile internet services through its mobile operators throughout Brazil.