8 Contrarian Stocks Climb to 52-Week Highs as Dow Dips 58 Points
Here are stocks that hit 52-week highs in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $10 billion:
- DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV): Down 0.74% to $52.42. DIRECTV provides digital television entertainment in the United States and Latin America. The Company acquires, promotes, sells and distributes digital entertainment programming via satellite to residential and commercial subscribers. Competitors to Watch: DISH Network Corp. (NASDAQ:DISH), Comcast Corporation (NASDAQ:CMCSA), Time Warner Cable Inc. (NYSE:TWC), Grupo Televisa, S.A. (NYSE:TV), Cablevision Systems Corp. (NYSE:CVC), Hughes Communications Inc. (NASDAQ:HUGH), Fisher Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:FSCI), Liberty Global Inc. (NASDAQ:LBTYA), and Mediacom Communications Corp. (NASDAQ:MCCC)
- iShares Barclays TIPS Bond (NYSE:TIP): Up 0.4% to $111.98. iShares Barclays US Treasury Inflation Protected Securities Fund is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund will track the Barclays Capital US Treasury Inflation Notes Index. The Index measures the performance of inflation protected public obligation of the US Treasury, also known as “TIPS”.
- Public Storage (NYSE:PSA): Up 1.13% to $119.73. Public Storage is a real estate investment trust. The trust’s principal business activities include the acquisition, development, ownership and operation of self-storage facilities in the United States. Public Storage also own an equity interest in an owner and operator of self-storage facilities in Europe.
- Equity Residential (NYSE:EQR): Up 0.47% to $62.32. Equity Residential is a real estate investment trust. The trust acquires, develops, and manages apartment complexes in the United States.
- Progress Energy Inc. (NYSE:PGN): Up 0.1% to $48.09. Progress Energy, Inc. is an integrated electric utility that provides energy and energy-related products and services in the Southeast United States. The Company serves electric and gas customers in the Carolinas and in Florida. Competitors to Watch: Duke Energy Corporation (NYSE:DUK), The Southern Company (NYSE:SO), TECO Energy, Inc. (NYSE:TE), SCANA Corporation (NYSE:SCG), Dominion Resources, Inc. (NYSE:D), American Electric Power Co., Inc. (NYSE:AEP), Northeast Utilities System (NYSE:NU), Entergy Corporation (NYSE:ETR), NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE:NEE), and FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE:FE).
- iShares iBoxx $ Invest Grade Corp Bond (NYSE:LQD): Up 0.08% to $111.53. iShares iBoxx $ Investment Grade Corporate Bond Fund is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks results that correspond to the price and yield performance of a segment of the US investment grade corporate bond market as defined by the iBoxx $ Liquid Investment Grade Index. The Index measures the performance of a fixed number of investment grade corporate bonds.
- V.F. Corporation (NYSE:VFC): Up 1.29% to $115.06. VF Corporation is an international apparel company. The Company owns a broad portfolio of brands in the jeanswear, outerwear, packs, footwear, sportswear and occupational apparel categories. VF Corp’s products are marketed to consumers shopping in specialty stores, upscale and traditional department stores, national chains and mass merchants. Competitors to Watch: Gap (NYSE:GPS), Sears Holdings (NASDAQ:SHLD), Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT), Target (NYSE:TGT), Urban Outfitters (NASDAQ:URBN), Abercrombie & Fitch (NYSE:ANF), American Eagle Outfitters (NYSE:AEO), Aeropostale (NYSE:ARO), J.C. Penney (NYSE:JCP), Saks (NYSE:SKS), Macy’s (NYSE:M), Dillard’s (NYSE:DDS), Nordstrom (NYSE:JWN), True Religion Apparel, Inc. (NASDAQ:TRLG), Cherokee Inc. (NASDAQ:CHKE), and The Warnaco Group, Inc. (NYSE:WRC).
- iShares Barclays Aggregate Bond (NYSE:AGG): Up 0.08% to $107.50. iShares Barclays Aggregate Bond Fund is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks investment results that correspond to the price and yield performance of the total United States investment grade bond market as defined by the Barclays Capital U.S. Aggregate Index.
Get Actionable Investing Insights: Check Out Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s newest Feature Trades of the Month!