8 Large Cap Stocks Achieve 52-Week Highs as S&P Surges to 1,198
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 8 stocks that hit 52-week highs in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $2 billion:
- Colgate-Palmolive Co. (NYSE:CL): Up 3.17% to $91.81. Colgate-Palmolive Company is a consumer products company that markets its products throughout the world. The Company’s products include toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoos, deodorants, bar and liquid soaps, dishwashing liquid, and laundry products, as well as pet nutrition products for cats and dogs.
- AutoZone Inc. (NYSE:AZO): Up 0.9% to $316.67. AutoZone, Inc. is a specialty retailer of automotive replacement parts and accessories. The Company offers an extensive product line for cars, sport utility vehicles, vans and light trucks, including new and remanufactured automotive hard parts, maintenance items, accessories and non-automotive products. Autozone operates in United States and Puerto Rico, and Mexico.
- Dollar General Corporation (NYSE:DG): Up 1.87% to $37.13. Dollar General Corp. operates a chain of discount retail stores located primarily in the southern, southwestern, midwestern and eastern United States. The Company offer a broad selection of merchandise, including consumable products such as food, paper and cleaning products, health and beauty products and pet supplies, and non-consumable products such as seasonal merchandise.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:ALXN): Down 0.5% to $59.54. Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, researches and develops proprietary immunoregulatory compounds for the treatment of autoimmune and cardiovascular diseases. The Company develops C5 complement inhibitors and Apogens which are two classes of potential therapeutic compounds designed to selectively target specific disease-causing segments of the immune system.
- O’Reilly Automotive Inc. (NASDAQ:ORLY): Up 2.75% to $68.43. O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. retails and supplies automotive aftermarket parts, tools, supplies, equipment, and accessories. The Company sells its products to do-it-yourself customers and professional mechanics or service technicians. O’Reilly operates stores throughout the United States.
- Pharmasset, Inc. (NASDAQ:VRUS): Up 2% to $71.94. Pharmasset, Inc. is a pharmaceutical company. The Company develops oral therapeutics for the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), hepatitis B (HBV), and hepatitis C (HCV).
- HomeAway, Inc. (AWAY): Up 4.27% to $41.75.
- Equity LifeStyle Properties, Inc. (NYSE:ELS): Up 3.67% to $70.29. Equity Lifestyle Properties, Inc owns or has an interest in communities in the United States and western Canada. The Company acquires properties such as camping grounds and seasonal resort communities.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from FINVIZ.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)