Here are 8 stocks that hit 52-week highs in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $2 billion:
- SPDR Gold Shares (NYSE:GLD): Up 1.25% to $179.95. SPDR Gold Trust is an investment fund incorporated in the USA. The investment objective of the Trust is for the Shares to reflect the performance of the price of gold bullion, less the Trust’s expenses. The Trust holds gold and is expected from time to time to issue Baskets in exchange for deposits of gold and to distribute gold in connection with redemptions of Baskets. For more analysis on our support levels and ranges for gold and silver, consider a free 14-day trial to our acclaimed Gold & Silver Investment Newsletter.
- Yamana Gold, Inc. (NYSE:AUY): Up 1.44% to $15.51. Yamana Gold Inc. is an intermediate gold producer with production, development stage, and exploration properties throughout Brazil. The Company also holds gold exploration properties in Argentina.
- Randgold Resources Ltd. (NASDAQ:GOLD): Up 5.56% to $109.99. Randgold Resources Limited is a gold mining and exploration company. The Company conducts gold mining operations in regions throughout the gold regions of Africa.
- iShares Gold Trust (NYSE:IAU): Up 1.24% to $18.04. iShares Gold Trust is an investment fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund issues shares representing fractional undivided beneficial interests in its net assets. The assets of the Trust will consist primarily of gold held by the custodian on behalf of the Trust.
- Central Fund of Canada Limited (AMEX:CEF): Up 2.42% to $25.82. Central Fund of Canada Limited is a closed-end management investment company incorporated in Canada. The Fund’s objective is capital appreciation. The Fund invests primarily in long-term holdings of gold and silver bullion. The Fund intends to maintain 90% of its net assets in gold and silver bullion, at least 85% must be in the form of physical bullion holdings.
- New Gold, Inc. (AMEX:NGD): Up 0.97% to $12.47. New Gold Inc. is a natural resource company. The Company acquires, explores, and develops gold properties.
- PowerShares Build America Bond (NYSE:BAB): Up 0.51% to $27.85. PowerShares Build America Bond Portfolio is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks investment results that correspond generally to the price and yield of an index called The BofA Merrill Lynch Build America Bond Index. The Fund invest at least 80% of its total assets in taxable municipal securities eligible to participate in the Build America Bond program.
- AuRico Gold Inc. Ordinary Share (AUQ): Up 2.91% to $13.42.
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>