8 Stocks Reaching 52-Week Highs As Markets Stretch Higher
Here are stocks that hit their highest price in the past 12 months. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $10 billion:
- Reynolds American Inc. (NYSE:RAI): Up 1.12% to $39.59. Reynolds American Inc., through its subsidiaries, manufactures tobacco and smokeless tobacco products. The Company’s subsidiary sells its products in the United States and its territories.
- Sprint Nextel Corp. (NYSE:S): Up 0.51% to $5.87. Sprint Nextel Corporation offers a range of wireless and wireline communications services to consumer, business, and government customers. The Company develops, engineers, and deploys various technologies, including two wireless networks offering mobile data services, instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities, and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Competitors to Watch: AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T), Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ), Clearwire Corporation (NASDAQ:CLWR), Deutsche Telekom AG (DTEGY), MetroPCS Communications, Inc. (NYSE:PCS), Leap Wireless Intl., Inc. (NASDAQ:LEAP), NTELOS Holdings Corp. (NASDAQ:NTLS), United States Cellular Corp. (NYSE:USM), Telephone & Data Systems, Inc. (NYSE:TDS), and CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE:CTL).
- Vivo Participacoes S.A. (NYSE:VIV): Up 1.73% to $43.62. Vivo Participacoes S.A. provides mobile telecommunication services, cellular phone data transmission and mobile internet services throughout Brazil.
- El Paso Corp. (NYSE:EP): Up 4.4% to $21.11. El Paso Corporation operates natural gas pipeline and storage facilities, transports natural gas, and imports liquefied natural gas. El Paso also explores for and produces natural gas. The Company has operations in the United States, Brazil, and Egypt.
- Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ:NFLX): Up 4.79% to $259.47. Netflix Inc. is an online movie rental service. The Company ships DVDs with no due dates or late fees, directly to the subscriber’s address. Netflix also provides background information on DVD releases, including critic reviews, member reviews and ratings, and personalized movie recommendations. Competitors to Watch: Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN), Dish Networks (NASDAQ:DISH), Best Buy (NYSE:BBY), Comcast (NASDAQ:CMCSA), AOL (NYSE:AOL), Time Warner (NYSE:TWX), Time Warner Cable (NYSE:TWC), DirecTV (NASDAQ:DTV), TiVo (NASDAQ:TIVO), Echostar (NASDAQ:SATS), Coinstar, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSTR), Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) and IMAX (NASDAQ:IMAX).
- AutoZone Inc. (NYSE:AZO): Up 1.6% to $297.98. AutoZone, Inc. is a specialty retailer of automotive replacement parts and accessories. The Company offers an extensive product line for cars, sport utility vehicles, vans and light trucks, including new and remanufactured automotive hard parts, maintenance items, accessories and non-automotive products. Autozone operates in United States and Puerto Rico, and Mexico. Competitors to Watch: Advance Auto Parts, Inc. (NYSE:AAP), O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. (NASDAQ:ORLY), The Pep Boys (NYSE:PBY), U.S. Auto Parts Network, Inc. (NASDAQ:PRTS), General Motors Company (NYSE:GM), Toyota Motor Corp. (NYSE:TM), Honda Motor CO., Ltd. (NYSE:HMC), Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F), CarMax (NYSE:KMX), Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA), Tata Motors Limited (NYSE:TTM) and Navistar Intl. Corp. (NYSE:NAV).
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc. (NASDAQ:GMCR): Up 1.97% to $81.32. Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc. roasts Arabica coffees and offers various coffee selections. The Company’s products include single-origin, estate, certified organic, Fair Trade, signature blends, and flavored coffees sold under the Green Mountain Coffee Roasters brand. Green Mountain serves offices, supermarkets, and convenience stores, and operates a direct mail business. Competitors to Watch: Farmer Brothers Co. (NASDAQ:FARM), Peet’s Coffee & Tea, Inc. (NASDAQ:PEET), Coffee Holding Co., Inc. (NASDAQ:JVA), Starbucks Corporation (NASDAQ:SBUX), The J.M. Smucker Company (NYSE:SJM), Sara Lee Corp. (NYSE:SLE) and Kraft Foods Inc. (NYSE:KFT).
- iShares Barclays Aggregate Bond (NYSE:AGG): Down 0.02% to $107.10. iShares Barclays Aggregate Bond Fund is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks investment results that correspond to the price and yield performance of the total United States investment grade bond market as defined by the Barclays Capital U.S. Aggregate Index.