8 Top Stocks Achieve 52-Week Highs Markets Rise Monday
Here are 5 stocks that hit 52-week highs in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $10 billion:
- McDonald’s Corp. (NYSE:MCD): Up 0.21% to $82.69. McDonald’s Corporation operates and franchises fast-food restaurants worldwide. The Company’s franchised and company operated fast food restaurants offer a variety of low price fast foods in locations around the world. Competitors to Watch: Wendy’s Arby’s Group Inc. (NYSE:WEN), Starbucks Corporation (NASDAQ:SBUX), Sonic Corporation (NASDAQ:SONC), Darden Restaurants (NYSE:DRI), Yum! Brands Inc. (NYSE:YUM), Chipotle Mexican Grill (NYSE:CMG), and Jack in the Box Inc. (NASDAQ:JACK).
- Unitedhealth Group, Inc. (NYSE:UNH): Up 2.62% to $51.27. UnitedHealth Group Incorporated owns and manages organized health systems in the United States and internationally. The Company provides employers products and resources to plan and administer employee benefit programs. UnitedHealth also serves the health needs of older Americans, provides specialized care services, and provides health care information and research to providers and payers. Competitors to Watch: Aetna Inc. (NYSE:AET), Health Net (NYSE:HNT), Coventry Health (NYSE:CVH), Humana (NYSE:HUM), CIGNA (NYSE:CI), WellCare (NYSE:WCG), Universal American (UAM, Centene (CNC), HealthSpring (NYSE:HS) and WellPoint Inc. (NYSE:WLP).
- Colgate-Palmolive Co. (NYSE:CL): Up 1.4% to $89.11. Colgate-Palmolive Company is a consumer products company that markets its products throughout the world. The Company’s products include toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoos, deodorants, bar and liquid soaps, dishwashing liquid, and laundry products, as well as pet nutrition products for cats and dogs. Competitors to Watch: The Procter & Gamble Co. (NYSE:PG), Church & Dwight Co., Inc. (NYSE:CHD), The Clorox Company (NYSE:CLX), CCA Industries, Inc. (AMEX:CAW), Unilever plc (NYSE:UL), Avon Products, Inc. (NYSE:AVP), The Stephan Co. (SPCO), Kimberly-Clark Corporation (NYSE:KMB), PC Group, Inc. (PCGR), and Alberto-Culver Company (NYSE:ACV).
- Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE:NOC): Up 1.61% to $65.73. Northrop Grumman Corporation is a global security company. The Company provides systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems, shipbuilding and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide. Competitors to Watch: Lockheed Martin Corp. (NYSE:LMT), General Dynamics Corp. (NYSE:GD), The Boeing Company (NYSE:BA), Raytheon Company (NYSE:RTN), Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc (NASDAQ:KTOS), L-3 Communications Hldgs., Inc. (NYSE:LLL), ITT Corporation (NYSE:ITT), Cubic Corporation (NYSE:CUB) and Rockwell Collins, Inc. (NYSE:COL).
- Coca-Cola FEMSA S.A.B de C.V. (NYSE:KOF): Up 1.43% to $89.28. Coca-Cola Femsa, S.A.B. de C.V. (Femsa) bottles beverages. The Company bottles and distributes branded beverages in Mexico, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Venezuela, Colombia, Brazil, and Argentina. In some countries Femsa also markets water, beer, and other products.
- Annaly Capital Management, Inc. (NYSE:NLY): Up 0.54% to $18.50. Annaly Capital Management Inc. is a real estate investment trust which owns and manages assets and funds on behalf of institutional and individual investors worldwide. The Company manages a portfolio of mortgage backed securities, including mortgage pass through certificates, collaterized mortgage obligations, and other securities.
- Goodrich Corp. (NYSE:GR): Up 1.53% to $92.51. Goodrich Corporation supplies aerospace components, systems, and services to customers located worldwide. The Company manufactures various aerostructures, aircraft evacuation systems, passenger restraint systems, sensor systems, pump and engine controls, de-icing systems, and other products. Goodrich serves the commercial, military, general aviation, and space industries. Competitors to Watch: BAE Systems plc (BAES), Honeywell International Inc. (NYSE:HON), Triumph Group (NYSE:TGI), Esterline Tech (NYSE:ESL), HEICO (NYSE:HEI), Boeing (NYSE:BA), EDAC (NASDAQ:EDAC), SIFCO (AMEX:SIF), Kreisler (KRSL), Breeze-Eastern (AMEX:BZC), Spirit AeroSystems (NYSE:SPR), General Electric (NYSE:GE), Lockheed Martin (NYSE:LMT), Northrop Grumman (NYSE:NOC) and United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX).
- Forest Laboratories Inc. (NYSE:FRX): Up 2.09% to $39.49. Forest Laboratories, Inc. develops, manufactures, and sells both branded and generic forms of ethical products which require a physician’s prescription. The Company also manufactures non-prescription pharmaceutical products sold over-the-counter, which are used for the treatment of a wide range of illnesses. Forest’s products are marketed in the United States and eastern Europe. Competitors to Watch: Eli Lilly & Co. (NYSE:LLY), GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE:GSK), Merck (NYSE:MRK), Clinical Data (NASDAQ:CLDA), AstraZeneca (NYSE:AZN), Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ), Lannett Company (AMEX:LCI), Mylan (NASDAQ:MYL), Watson Pharma (NYSE:WPI), Impax (NASDAQ:IPXL), Par Pharma (NYSE:PRX), Abbott Labs (NYSE:ABT) and Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE).
Get Actionable Investing Insights: Check Out Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s newest Feature Trades of the Month!