Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 10 hot stocks that have hit our trading screens here at Wall St. Watchdog in the morning:
- Prana Biotechnology Limited (NASDAQ:PRAN): Shares of Prana Biotechnology Limited are trading higher today after The Journal Of Neurochemistry said one of the biotech firm’s experimental drug is able to restore cognition in Alzheimer’s patients. Prana Biotechnology Limited is an Australian biotechnology company which researches and develops therapeutic drugs used for treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease and other age-related degenerative disorders such as Parkinson’s Disease and cataracts.
- Goodrich Corporation (NYSE:GR): Shares of Goodrich Corporation are trading higher today on more United Technologies buy-out chatter. Goodrich Corporation supplies aerospace components, systems, and services to customers located worldwide. The Company manufactures various aerostructures, aircraft evacuation systems, passenger restraint systems, sensor systems, pump and engine controls, de-icing systems, and other products. Goodrich serves the commercial, military, general aviation, and space industries.
- Tyco International Ltd. (NYSE:TYC): Shares of Tyco International Ltd. are trading higher today after the conglomerate said it will split into three separate companies: security, fire protection and flow control. Tyco International Ltd. provides security products and services, fire protection and detection products and services, valves and controls, and other industrial products.
- Lennar Corporation (NYSE:LEN): Shares of Lennar Corporation are trading higher today after the home builder announced earnings in line with Wall Street estimates. Lennar Corporation constructs and sells single-family attached and detached homes, and to a lesser extent multi-level buildings as well as buys and sells residential land. The Company also provides mortgage financing, title insurance, closing services and other ancillary services (including personal lines insurance, high-speed Internet and cable television).
- Sangamo Biosciences, Inc. (NASDAQ:SGMO): Shares of Sangamo Biosciences, Inc. are trading lower today despite announcing, “The data obtained in our treatment interruption studies are very exciting and represent significant progress toward a ‘functional cure’ for HIV/AIDS.” Sangamo BioSciences, Inc. researches and develops transcription factors in the regulation of genes. These transcription factors are the proteins that turn genes on and off and regulate gene expression by recognizing specific DNA sequences.
- JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd. (NYSE:JKS): Shares of JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd. are trading lower today after news of a toxic chemical disaster at JinkoSolar’s plant in China. JinkoSolar Holding Company Limited manufactures solar products. The Company produces silicon wafers, solar cells and solar modules.
- AutoZone, Inc. (NYSE:AZO): Shares of AutoZone, Inc. are trading flattoday ahead of earnings. Don’t Miss: AutoZone Fourth Quarter Earnings Sneak Peek. AutoZone, Inc. is a specialty retailer of automotive replacement parts and accessories. The Company offers an extensive product line for cars, sport utility vehicles, vans and light trucks, including new and remanufactured automotive hard parts, maintenance items, accessories and non-automotive products. Autozone operates in United States and Puerto Rico, and Mexico.
- The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE:KO): Shares of The Coca-Cola Company are trading lower today as investors sell stocks across the board. The Coca-Cola Company manufactures, markets, and distributes soft drink concentrates and syrups. The Company also distributes and markets juice and juice-drink products. Coca-Cola distributes its products to retailers and wholesalers in the United States and internationally.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>