9 NASDAQ Stocks That Just Exceeded 200%+ Daily Average Volume
Today’s trading includes 9 stocks on the NASDAQ market whose volumes exceeded 200% of their average trading volume.
Following is some information about these overachieving stocks from Wall St. Watchdog:
- Cephalon, Inc. (NASDAQ:CEPH): The stock last sold for $75.44, with a price change of $16.69 from the previous day’s trading, or a change of 28.41%. Volume was 41,463,331, or 2414.00% above average. The stock is trading up on speculation that it may become an acquisition target of a larger pharmaceutical company. Cephalon, Inc. is an international biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and markets biopharmaceutical products to treat neurological disorders, pain, and cancer. The Company’s products include a product that treats excessive daytime sleepiness associated with narcolepsy.
- Clean Energy Fuels Corp. (NASDAQ:CLNE): The stock last sold for $16.40, with a price change of $1.47 from the previous day’s trading, or a change of 9.85%. Volume was 8,871,210, or 418.00% above average. The stock is trading higher on speculation that the political climate will be more favorable for so-called “clean energy” sources than for conventional energy sources such as oil or non-conventional energy sources such as nuclear power. Clean Energy Fuels Corporation designs, builds, finances and operates natural gas filling stations for vehicle fleets. The Company also helps its customers acquire and finance natural gas vehicles and obtain local, state, and federal clean air rebates and incentives.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ:ENDP): The stock last sold for $37.94, with a price change of $3.21 from the previous day’s trading, or a change of 9.24%. Volume was 4,724,922, or 371.00% above average. Endo Pharmaceuticals Holdings Inc. is a specialty pharmaceutical company with products that provide pain management. The Company researches develops, produces, and markets both branded and generic pharmaceuticals. Endo’s products include Percocet, Percodan, and Lidoderm.
- Westport Innovations Inc (NASDAQ:WPRT): The stock last sold for $21.76, with a price change of $2.47 from the previous day’s trading, or a change of 12.80%. Volume was 3,586,549, or 347.00% above average. Westport Innovations, Inc. is commercializing high pressure direct injection combustion technology. This technology allows diesel engines to operate on cleaner-burning gaseous fuels without sacrificing performance or fuel economy. The Company currently has an alliance with Cummins Engine Company Inc. (NYSE:CMI) and a development project with Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F).
- 3D Systems Corporation (NASDAQ:TDSC): The stock last sold for $48.72, with a price change of $4.34 from the previous day’s trading, or a change of 9.78%. Volume was 877,894, or 303.00% above average. 3D Systems Corporation develops, manufactures, and markets solid imaging systems designed to rapidly produce three-dimensional objects from computer-aided design and manufacturing-generated solid or surface data. The Company utilizes its systems to produce models, engineering prototypes, mold patterns, and other parts using CAD/CAM or other data supplied by its customers.
- SMART Technologies Inc. (NASDAQ:SMT): The stock last sold for $10.47, with a price change of $0.61 from the previous day’s trading, or a change of 6.19%. Volume was 1,883,168, or 302.00% above average. SMART Technologies Inc. designs, develops and sells interactive technology solutions. The Company produces interactive white boards where the user can access the internet, control computer applications, write in digital ink and save and share work.
- Shire plc (NASDAQ:SHPGY): The stock last sold for $87.69, with a price change of $0.86 from the previous day’s trading, or a change of 0.99%. Volume was 1,758,066, or 299.00% above average. Shire PLC markets, licenses and develops prescription medicines. The Group focuses its operations on attention deficit and hyperactivity disorders, human genetic therapies, gastrointestinal, and renal diseases.
- Penn National Gaming, Inc. (NASDAQ:PENN): The stock last sold for $36.90, with a price change of $2.27 from the previous day’s trading, or a change of 6.56%. Volume was 2,280,679, or 268.00% above average. Penn National Gaming, Inc. owns and operates Charles Town Races in West Virginia which features slot machines, casinos in Mississippi, and a riverboat gaming facility in Louisiana. The Company also owns racetracks and off-track wagering facilities in Pennsylvania, as well as manages a gaming facility in the Province of Ontario, Canada.
- InterDigital, Inc. (NASDAQ:IDCC): The stock last sold for $47.97, with a price change of $4.46 from the previous day’s trading, or a change of 10.25%. Volume was 3,507,523, or 209.00% above average. InterDigital, Inc. develops technology for advanced digital wireless telecommunications applications. The Company offers both time division multiple access and wide band code division multiple access proprietary and standards compliant digital wireless technology to customers, licensees, and companies.