9 Stocks Generating Major Trading Interest June 9th
The Dow Jones (NYSE:DIA) is rebounding over 120 points today after six straight losing sessions at 12,1659, the S&P 500 (NYSE:SPY) is higher 13 points at 1,292 and the Nasdaq (NASDAQ:QQQ) is up 16 points to 2,691 on the 110th trading day of 2011, as these stocks hit our radar:
- Coffee Holding Co., Inc. (NASDAQ:JVA): Shares of Coffee Holding Co., Inc. are trading higher 40.24% to$11.92 per share today. Over 2.2 million shares have traded hands. The company release an explosive quarterly earnings growth. The commodities bull market continues to serve this coffee company very well. Coffee Holding Co., Inc. is a wholesale coffee roaster and dealer. The Company’s primary business is roasting, blending, packaging, and distributing coffee for sale under private labels and their own brands for companies throughout the United States and Canada. Coffee Holding also sells unprocessed green coffee to specialty gourmet roasters and sells branded coffee. Competitors to Watch: Starbucks (NASDAQ:SBUX), Einstein Noah Restaurant Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:BAGL), Panera Bread Company (NASDAQ:PNRA), Caribou Coffee Co., Inc. (NASDAQ:CBOU), Peet’s Coffee & Tea, Inc. (NASDAQ:PEET), McDonald’s Corporation (NYSE:MCD), Kahala Corp. (KAHL), Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE:YUM), and Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc. (NASDAQ:GMCR).
- Titan Machinery Inc. (NASDAQ:TITN): Shares of Titan Machinery Inc. are trading higher 7% to $29.02 per share today. Over 1.35 million shares have traded hands. Shareholders are happy with a very positive earnings release this morning. Titan Machinery, Inc. owns and operates full service agricultural and construction equipment stores in North America. The Company also sells and rents agricultural and construction equipment, sell parts, and service the equipment in the areas surrounding their stores.
- The J.M. Smucker Company (NYSE:SJM): Shares of The J.M. Smucker Company are trading higher 1.83% to $77.89 per share today. Almost 1 million shares have traded hands. The company delivered a double-digit revenue increase year-over-year. The JM Smucker Company manufactures and markets food products on a worldwide basis. The Company’s principal products include peanut butter, shortening and oils, fruit spreads, canned milk, baking mixes and ready-to-spread frostings, flour and baking ingredients, juices and beverages, frozen sandwiches, dessert toppings, syrups, pickles and condiments, and potato side dishes. TreeHouse Foods Inc. (NYSE:THS), Ralcorp Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:RAH), The Hain Celestial Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:HAIN), General Mills, Inc. (NYSE:GIS), ConAgra Foods, Inc. (NYSE:CAG), B&G Foods, Inc. (NYSE:BGS), Kellogg (NYSE:K), Kraft Foods (NYSE:KFT), Farmer Brothers Co. (NASDAQ:FARM), Lancaster Colony Corp. (NASDAQ:LANC), Starbucks (NASDAQ:SBUX), Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc. (NASDAQ:GMCR), Campbell Soup (NYSE:CPB) and H.J. Heinz Company (NYSE:HNZ).
- Texas Instruments Incorporated (NYSE:TXN): Shares of Texas Instruments Incorporated are trading higher 1% to $33 per share today. Over 9 million shares have traded hands. The stocks is rebounding today after the company shares were clipped on a weak guidance announcement yesterday. Texas Instruments Incorporated is a global semiconductor company that designs and supplies analog technologies, digital signal processing (DSP) and microcontroller (MCU) semiconductors. The Company also operates materials and controls, and educational and productivity solutions businesses. Texas Instruments has manufacturing or sales operations in countries around the world. Competitors to Watch: Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), National Semiconductor Corporation (NYSE:NSM), Analog Devices, Inc. (NYSE:ADI), QUALCOMM Incorporated (NASDAQ:QCOM), Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ:BRCM), Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (NASDAQ:MRVL), Intersil Corporation (NASDAQ:ISIL), Maxim Integrated Products Inc. (NASDAQ:MXIM), STMicroelectronics NV (NYSE:STM).
- EasyLink Services International Corp. (NASDAQ:ESIC): Shares of EasyLink Services International Corp. are trading higher 10% to $4.39 per share today. The company beat the street’s earnings estimates today. Almost 1 million shares have traded hands. EasyLink Services International Corporation creates, deploys and manages business documents. The Company is a provider of e-commerce solutions to connect businesses with their trading communities.
- Wells Fargo (NYSE:WFC): Share of the banking giant are up 3% to $26.17 per share. 20 million shares have traded hands. The banking giant is preparing for the Wachovia integration slated to be completed by the Fall. All Wachovia signs will convert to Wells Fargo branding. Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, leasing, credit cards, and consumer finance. The Company operates through physical stores, the Internet and other distribution channels across North America and elsewhere internationally. Competitors to Watch: Bank of America Corporation (NYSE:BAC), Citigroup, Inc. (NYSE:C), U.S. Bancorp (NYSE:USB), PNC Financial (NYSE:PNC), SunTrust (NYSE:STI), Keycorp (NYSE:KEY), Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS), Regions Financial (NYSE:RF), Comerica (NYSE:CMA) and JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM).
- Spectra Energy Partners, LP (NYSE:SEP): Shares of Spectra Energy Partners, LP are trading lower 3.39% to $30.75 per share today. Over 3.3 million shares have traded hands. The company issued a common offering of stock of 6.25 million shares at $30.96 per share. Spectra Energy Partners LP owns and operates natural gas transportation and storage assets. The Company owns interstate natural gas pipeline systems located in the southeastern United States and natural gas storage facilities in Texas and Louisiana. Competitors to Watch: Southern Union Company (NYSE:SUG), El Paso Corporation (NYSE:EP), Spectra Energy Partners, LP (NYSE:SEP), Sempra Energy (NYSE:SRE), Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (NYSE:EPD), Duncan Energy Partners L.P. (NYSE:DEP), Kinder Morgan Energy Partners LP (NYSE:KMP), DCP Midstream Partners, LP (NYSE:DPM), Copano Energy, L.L.C. (NASDAQ:CPNO), and TC Pipelines, LP (NASDAQ:TCLP).
- AMERCO (NASDAQ:UHAL): Shares of AMERCO are trading higher 9.5% to $94.53 per share today. The company delivered a very strong quarterly report this morning. AMERCO is the holding company for U-Haul International, Inc., Amerco Real Estate Company, Republic Western Insurance Company, and Oxford Life Insurance Company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, offers rental of trucks, trailers, and self storage space, as well as property and casualty insurance and life insurance products. Competitors to Watch: Avis Budget Group Inc. (NYSE:CAR), Zipcar Inc (NASDAQ:ZIP), Ryder System, Inc. (NYSE:R), Express-1 Expedited Solutions Inc. (AMEX:XPO), Hertz Global Hldgs., Inc. (NYSE:HTZ), Landstar System, Inc. (NASDAQ:LSTR), Dollar Thrifty (NYSE:DTG), Penske (NYSE:PAG), Priceline.com (NASDAQ:PCLN), Patriot Transportation Holding, Inc. (NASDAQ:PATR).
- Westport Innovations Inc. (NASDAQ:WPRT): Shares of Westport Innovations Inc. are trading higher over 4% to $20.57 per share today. Natural gas is back in play today. Westport Innovations Inc. is commercializing high pressure direct injection combustion technology. This technology allows diesel engines to operate on cleaner-burning gaseous fuels without sacrificing performance or fuel economy. The Company currently has an alliance with Cummins Engine Company Inc. (NYSE:CMI) and a development project with Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F).