Even though Manny Ramirez announced his retirement today after testing positive for steroids, here are 8 stocks that hit their lowest price in the past 12 months. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $300 million:
- AMR Corporation (NYSE:AMR): Up 0.17% to $5.78. AMR Corporation operates an airline that provides scheduled passenger, freight, and mail service throughout North America, the Caribbean, Latin America, Europe, and the Pacific. The Company also provides connecting service throughout the United States, Canada, and the Caribbean. In addition, AMR provides aviation services, call center management services, and investment advisory services.
- ProShares UltraShort DJ-UBS Commodity (NYSE:CMD): Down 0.57% to $41.58. ProShares UltraShort DJ-UBS Commodity is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks daily investment results that correspond to twice (200%) the inverse (opposite) of the daily performance, whether positive or negative, of its corresponding benchmark. The Fund tracks a multiple or inverse multiple of the daily performance of Dow Jones-UBS Commodity Index.
- Central Pacific Financial Corp. (NYSE:CPF): Down 3.04% to $19.43. Central Pacific Financial Corp, through its Central Pacific Bank subsidiary, provides a variety of banking services and products. Services include personal and business deposit instruments, commercial and consumer loans, credit and debit card services, merchant services, traveler’s checks, safe deposit boxes, and trust services. Central Pacific operates in Hawaii.
- Community Health Systems, Inc. (NYSE:CYH): Down 35.76% to $25.89. Community Health Systems Inc. owns, leases, and operates hospitals in multiple states. The Hospitals services include emergency room services, general surgery, critical care, internal medicine, obstetrics and diagnostic services. Community Health also owns interests in physicians, physician practices, imaging centers, home health agencies and ambulatory surgery centers.
- Frontline Ltd. (NYSE:FRO): Up 0.13% to $23.58. Frontline Limited owns a fleet of very large crude carriers and Suezmax tankers that transport crude oil and oil products between ports. The Company’s vessels are managed by ship management companies. Frontline conducts activities worldwide.
- SemiLEDs Corporation (NASDAQ:LEDS): Down 2.67% to $11.66. SemiLEDs Corp. develops, manufactures, and sells (LED) Light Emitting Diode chips and LED components. The Company sells blue, green and ultraviolet (UV) LED chips under its own brand primarily to customers in China, Taiwan and other parts of Asia.
- Overseas Shipholding Group Inc. (NYSE:OSG): Down 4.84% to $29.66. Overseas Shipholding Group, Inc. maintains a fleet of marine transport vessels. The Company charters its ships to oil majors, traders and United States and international governmental agencies. OSG’s ships transport crude oil, refined petroleum products and gas.
- PMI Group Inc. (NYSE:PMI): Down 5% to $2.47. The PMI Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides residential mortgage insurance products that offer loss protection to mortgage lenders and investors in the event of borrower default in the U.S. The Company also offers credit enhancement solutions. PMI’s customers include mortgage lenders, depository institutions, commercial banks, and investors.
- Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd. A (NYSE:QIHU): Down 2.67% to $24.80. Qihoo 360 Technology Co Ltd. provides Internet and mobile security products in the People’s Republic of China. The Companys products include an Internet security product for Internet security and system optimization; an anti-virus application to protect users’ computers against trojan horses, viruses, worms, adware, and other forms of malware; and a mobile smartphone security program.