Here are stocks that hit their highest price in the past 12 months:
- Liberty Starz Group (NASDAQ:LSTZA): Up 1% to $80.94. Liberty Media-Starz owns and operates cable television channels and Internet businesses. The Company operates cable television channels that televise movies; offers satellite Internet access; operates fantasy sports games; and offers online games, information and entertainment for sports fans.
- Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd. (NYSE:CHT): Up 0.24% to $33.26. Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd. provides local, domestic, and international long distance services. The Company also offers wireless telecommunication, paging, and Internet services.
- Vivo Participacoes S.A. (NYSE:VIV): Up 0.91% to $46.66. Vivo Participacoes S.A. provides mobile telecommunication services, cellular phone data transmission and mobile internet services throughout Brazil.
- Annaly Capital Management, Inc. (NYSE:NLY): Up 0.33% to $18.22. Annaly Capital Management Inc. is a real estate investment trust which owns and manages assets and funds on behalf of institutional and individual investors worldwide. The Company manages a portfolio of mortgage backed securities, including mortgage pass through certificates, collaterized mortgage obligations, and other securities.
- Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ:NFLX): Up 0.74% to $273.70. Netflix Inc. is an online movie rental service. The Company ships DVDs with no due dates or late fees, directly to the subscriber’s address. Netflix also provides background information on DVD releases, including critic reviews, member reviews and ratings, and personalized movie recommendations. Competitors to Watch: Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN), Dish Networks (NASDAQ:DISH), Best Buy (NYSE:BBY), Comcast (NASDAQ:CMCSA), AOL (NYSE:AOL), Time Warner (NYSE:TWX), Time Warner Cable (NYSE:TWC), DirecTV (NASDAQ:DTV), TiVo (NASDAQ:TIVO), Echostar (NASDAQ:SATS), Coinstar, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSTR), Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) and IMAX (NASDAQ:IMAX).
- Cia Energetica de Minas Gerais (NYSE:CIG): Up 4.82% to $19.99. Companhia Energetica de Minas Gerais- CEMIG generates, transmits, and distributes electricity in the Brazilian State of Minas Gerais. Cemig serves industrial, commercial, residential, and rural customers. The Company generates electricity primarily through hydroelectric plants.
- Braskem S.A. (NYSE:BAK): Up 1.29% to $32.08. Braskem S.A. produces petrochemicals and generates electricity. The Company produces ethylene, propylene, benzene, toluene, xylenes, butadiene, butene, isoprene, dicyclopentediene, MTBE, caprolactam, ammonium sulfate, cyclohexene, polyethylene theraphtalat, polyethylene, and polyvinyl chloride (PVC).
- TIM Participacoes S.A. (NYSE:TSU): Up 1.15% to $50.21. Tim Participacoes S.A. provides mobile telecommunications services, cellular phone data transmission and mobile internet services through its mobile operators throughout Brazil.
- Forest Laboratories Inc. (NYSE:FRX): Up 3.74% to $36.90. Forest Laboratories, Inc. develops, manufactures, and sells both branded and generic forms of ethical products which require a physician’s prescription. The Company also manufactures non-prescription pharmaceutical products sold over-the-counter, which are used for the treatment of a wide range of illnesses. Forest’s products are marketed in the United States and eastern Europe. Competitors to Watch: Eli Lilly & Co. (NYSE:LLY), GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE:GSK), Merck (NYSE:MRK), Clinical Data (NASDAQ:CLDA), AstraZeneca (NYSE:AZN), Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ), Lannett Company (AMEX:LCI), Mylan (NASDAQ:MYL), Watson Pharma (NYSE:WPI), Impax (NASDAQ:IPXL), Par Pharma (NYSE:PRX), Abbott Labs (NYSE:ABT) and Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE).
Advantage: Check out our interactive stock charts, fundamentals, Twitter stream, and more >>