9 Trending Stocks Lighting Up Our Trading Screens Now: AMAC, NKE, SIGA, PNM, FINL, HPQ, TIBX, FDX, JPM
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 10 hot stocks that have hit our trading screens here at Wall St. Watchdog in the morning:
- American Medical Alert (NASDAQ:AMAC): Shares of American Medical Alert are trading higher today after being acquired by Turnstall Healthcare Group for $8.55. American Medical Alert Corp. designs, engineers, fabricates, markets, installs, and monitors computerized personal emergency response systems. The Company markets its systems to consumers, healthcare agencies, hospitals, health maintenance organizations, durable medical equipment providers, retirement communities, hospitals, and government agencies, among others.
- NIKE, Inc. (NYSE:NKE): Shares of NIKE, Inc. are trading higher today after announcing excellent earnings. NIKE, Inc. designs, develops, and markets athletic footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessory products for men, women, and children. The Company sells its products worldwide to retail stores, through its own stores, subsidiaries, and distributors.
- SIGA Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:SIGA): Shares of SIGA Technologies, Inc. are trading higher today after selling off over 40% yesterday on news a Delaware court ruled in favor of PharmAthene (AMEX:PIP) in a dispute over SIGA’s smallpox drug ST-246. SIGA Technologies, Inc. explores, develops, and markets products for use in defense against biological warfare agents. The Company’s also offers products such as novel anti-infectives or the prevention and treatment of serious infectious diseases.
- PNM Resources, Inc. (NYSE:PNM): Shares of PNM Resources, Inc. are trading higher today after the company agreed to sell its First Choice Power subsidiary for $270 million and its stake in Optim Energy. PNM Resources Inc. is a holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, generates, transmits, and distributes electricity. PNM Resources also transmits, distributes, and sells natural gas.
- The Finish Line, Inc. (NASDAQ:FINL): Shares of The Finish Line, Inc. are trading higher today after beating earnings expectaions. The Finish Line, Inc. is a specialty retailer of men’s, women’s and children’s brand name athletic and leisure footwear, activewear, and accessories. Brand names carried by the Company include Nike, Reebok, K-Swiss, And 1, Asics, adidas, Timberland, New Balance, Saucony, Skechers, and Converse.
- Hewlett-Packard (NYSE:HPQ): Shares of Hewlett-Packard are trading lower today after Meg Whitman has been named to replace Chief Executive Officer Leo Apotheker. Hewlett-Packard Company provides imaging and printing systems, computing systems, and information technology services for business and home.
- Tibco Software Inc. (NASDAQ:TIBX): Shares of Tibco Software Inc. are trading higher today after giving shareholders an earnings release to smile over. TIBCO Software Inc. provides electronic business infrastructure software products that enable business-to-business, business-to-consumer, and business-to-employee solutions. The Company’s software products enable businesses to link internal operations, business partners, and customer channels in real time.
- FedEx Corporation (NYSE:FDX): Shares of FedEx Corporation are trading higher today after getting rocked yesterday on a very weak outlook for the remainder of 2011. FedEx Corp. delivers packages and freight to multiple countries and territories throught an integrated global network. The Company provides worldwide express delivery, ground small-parcel delivery, less-than-truckload freight delivery, supply chain management services, customs brokerage services, and trade facilitation and electronic commerce solutions.
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM): Shares of JPMorgan Chase & Co. are trading flat today as the bank is one of the few to avoid recent major downgrades. JPMorgan Chase & Co. provides global financial services and retail banking. The Company provides services such as investment banking, treasury and securities services, asset management, private banking, card member services, commercial banking, and home finance. JP Morgan Chase serves business enterprises, institutions, and individuals.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>