Abbott Laboratories: Financial Institutions Supporting Shares in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Abbott Laboratories (NYSE:ABT).
SEC data indicate that no insiders have bought Abbott Laboratories’ stock since 06/30/2011.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Abbott Laboratories in Q3 2011:
- RCM CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,823,970 shares, worth $143,090,560.
- PARNASSUS INVESTMENTS /CA: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,575,000 shares, worth $79,805,250.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,279,502 shares, worth $64,832,366.
- TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 989,635 shares, worth $50,144,805.
- WILMINGTON TRUST CO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 527,329 shares, worth $26,719,760.
About the company: Abbott Laboratories discovers, develops, manufactures, and sells a broad and diversified line of health care products and services. The Company’s products include pharmaceuticals, nutritional, diagnostics, and vascular products. Abbott markets its products worldwide through affiliates and distributors.
Competitors to Watch: Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE), Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ), Novartis AG (NYSE:NVS), GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE:GSK), Bristol Myers Squibb Co. (NYSE:BMY), Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE:MRK), Medtronic, Inc. (NYSE:MDT), Boston Scientific Corp. (NYSE:BSX), and Sanofi-Aventis SA (NYSE:SNY).
(Note: Data regarding Abbott Laboratories’ stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>