Abbott Labs: Insiders and Institutions Reduce Quarterly Shares
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Abbott Laboratories (NYSE:ABT).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Abbott Laboratories’ stock since 06/30/2011:
- Mazzo James V: act as Senior Vice President. On 10/24/2011, sold 47,396 shares, worth $2,535,200.
- Mazzo James V: act as Senior Vice President. On 10/24/2011, sold 46,389 shares, worth $2,473,500.
- Freyman Thomas C: act as Executive Vice President. On 08/05/2011, sold 20,000 shares, worth $983,800.
- Mason Heather L: act as Senior Vice President. On 11/11/2011, sold 15,000 shares, worth $815,600.
- Michael Edward L: act as Executive Vice President. On 11/01/2011, sold 15,086 shares, worth $802,100.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Abbott Laboratories in Q3 2011:
- EMINENCE CAPITAL LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 2,520,000 shares, worth $130,208,400. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- FIRST PACIFIC ADVISORS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,418,100 shares, worth $73,273,227. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 771,000 shares, worth $39,837,570. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MARSHALL & ILSLEY CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 554,355 shares, worth $28,643,523. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- HIGHBRIDGE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 462,826 shares, worth $23,914,219. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Abbott Laboratories discovers, develops, manufactures, and sells a broad and diversified line of health care products and services. The Company’s products include pharmaceuticals, nutritional, diagnostics, and vascular products. Abbott markets its products worldwide through affiliates and distributors.
Competitors to Watch: Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE), Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ), Novartis AG (NYSE:NVS), GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE:GSK), Bristol Myers Squibb Co. (NYSE:BMY), Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE:MRK), Medtronic, Inc. (NYSE:MDT), Boston Scientific Corp. (NYSE:BSX), and Sanofi-Aventis SA (NYSE:SNY).
(Note: Data regarding Abbott Laboratories’ stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>