Acme Packet’s Major Shareholders Selling Stock in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Acme Packet, Inc. (NASDAQ:APKT).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Acme Packet, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Bowen Gary J: act as Director. On 09/07/2011, sold 200,000 shares, worth $9,822,000.
- Ory Andrew D: act as President and CEO. On 07/06/2011, sold 72,500 shares, worth $5,290,300.
- Melampy Patrick J: act as Chief Technology Officer. On 07/06/2011, sold 60,000 shares, worth $4,390,800.
- Melampy Patrick J: act as Chief Technology Officer. On 07/20/2011, sold 60,000 shares, worth $3,987,000.
- Melampy Patrick J: act as Chief Technology Officer. On 08/04/2011, sold 60,000 shares, worth $3,342,600.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Acme Packet, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- MARSICO CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 2,783,968 shares, worth $195,239,676. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- GOODMAN & COMPANY, INVESTMENT COUNSEL LTD.: On 06/30/2011, held 1,181,400 shares, worth $82,851,582. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- COATUE MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 668,479 shares, worth $46,880,432. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- JAT CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 444,727 shares, worth $31,188,705. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- FULLER & THALER ASSET MANAGEMENT, INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 291,900 shares, worth $20,470,947. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Acme Packet, Inc. provides session border controllers for Internet service providers. The Company’s products consist of hardware and proprietary software that allow service providers to deliver interactive communications services such as voice over Internet protocol.
Competitors to Watch: Sonus Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ:SONS), Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC), Riverbed Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ:RVBD), Nokia Corporation (NYSE:NOK), Alcatel-Lucent (NYSE:ALU), Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSCO), Ditech Networks Inc. (NASDAQ:DITC), Oracle Corporation (NASDAQ:ORCL), Motorola Solutions Inc (NYSE:MSI), and Motorola Mobility Hldgs. Inc (NYSE:MMI).
(Note: Data regarding Acme Packet, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>