Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of ADTRAN Inc. (NASDAQ:ADTN).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold ADTRAN Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Fredrickson Robert A: act as VP – Carrier Network Sales. On 11/16/2011, sold 3,750 shares, worth $127,500.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of ADTRAN Inc. in Q3 2011:
- CALAMOS ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 719,040 shares, worth $27,683,040. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- AVESTA CAPITAL ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 348,906 shares, worth $13,432,881. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SIGMA CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 249,913 shares, worth $9,621,651. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- COOKSON PEIRCE & CO INC: On 06/30/2011, held 212,440 shares, worth $8,178,940. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BENNETT LAWRENCE MANAGEMENT L L C/NY: On 06/30/2011, held 176,490 shares, worth $6,794,865. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: ADTRAN, Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and services a variety of high-speed digital transmission products. The Company’s products are used by telephone companies and corporate end-users to implement advanced digital data services over existing telephone networks. ADTRAN also offers a line of multiplexers which provides modular flexibility.
Competitors to Watch: Calix, Inc. (NYSE:CALX), Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSCO), Tellabs, Inc. (NASDAQ:TLAB), Alcatel-Lucent (NYSE:ALU), Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC), Sycamore Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ:SCMR), Juniper Networks, Inc. (NYSE:JNPR), Ciena Corporation (NASDAQ:CIEN), Extreme Networks, Inc (NASDAQ:EXTR), and Westell Technologies Inc. (NASDAQ:WSTL).
(Note: Data regarding ADTRAN Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>