Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (NYSE:AMD).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- KINGDON CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 800,000 shares, worth $4,064,000.
- ADAGE CAPITAL PARTNERS GP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 784,010 shares, worth $3,982,771.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 413,674 shares, worth $2,101,464.
- TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 369,207 shares, worth $1,875,572.
- CHICAGO EQUITY PARTNERS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 335,450 shares, worth $1,704,086.
About the company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. manufactures semiconductor products. The Company manufactures products that include microprocessors, embedded microprocessors, chipsets, graphics, video and multimedia products. Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. offers its products on a global basis.
Competitors to Watch: Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), NVIDIA Corporation (NASDAQ:NVDA), MIPS Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:MIPS), Texas Instruments Inc. (NYSE:TXN), ARM Holdings plc (NASDAQ:ARMH), Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT), Intl. Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM), Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE:HPQ), Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ:BRCM), and Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL).
(Note: Data regarding Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>