Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Aetna Inc. (NYSE:AET).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Aetna Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Coye Molly Joel: act as Director. On 09/13/2011, sold 1,250 shares, worth $50,100.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Aetna Inc. in Q3 2011:
- GLENVIEW CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 5,244,936 shares, worth $229,518,399. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- HEALTHCOR GROUP, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 4,300,000 shares, worth $188,168,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- VIKING GLOBAL INVESTORS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 1,867,100 shares, worth $81,704,296. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ALYESKA INVESTMENT GROUP, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 1,700,008 shares, worth $74,392,350. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CAPITAL GROWTH MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 1,140,000 shares, worth $49,886,400. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Aetna Inc. is a diversified health care benefits company that provides healthcare and related benefits, serving health care members, dental members, and group insurance customers. The Company offers medical, pharmacy, dental, behavioral health, group life and disability plans, and medical management capabilities and health care management services for Medicaid plans.
Competitors to Watch: UnitedHealth Group Inc. (NYSE:UNH), Health Net, Inc. (NYSE:HNT), Coventry Health Care, Inc. (NYSE:CVH), WellPoint, Inc. (NYSE:WLP), CIGNA Corporation (NYSE:CI), WellCare Health Plans, Inc. (NYSE:WCG), Humana Inc. (NYSE:HUM), Centene Corporation (NYSE:CNC), HealthSpring, Inc (NYSE:HS), and Universal American Corp. (NYSE:UAM).
(Note: Data regarding Aetna Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>