AFLAC: Insiders and Institutions Buying Shares in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of AFLAC Inc. (NYSE:AFL).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought AFLAC Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Purdom E Stephen: act as Director. On 09/20/2011, bought 10,000 shares, worth $352,000.
- Thompson David Gary: act as Director. On 09/26/2011, bought 5,000 shares, worth $157,500.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of AFLAC Inc. in Q3 2011:
- TEACHERS RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF THE STATE OF KENTUCKY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,058,800 shares, worth $36,729,772.
- RCM CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 996,031 shares, worth $34,552,315.
- SYSTEMATIC FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 833,912 shares, worth $28,928,407.
- HUSSMAN ECONOMETRICS ADVISORS, INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 675,000 shares, worth $23,415,750.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 527,476 shares, worth $18,298,142.
About the company: Aflac, Inc. is a general business holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, provides supplemental insurance to individuals in the United States and Japan. Aflac’s products include accident/disability plans, cancer expense plans, short-term disability plans, sickness and hospital indemnity plans, hospital intensive care plans, and fixed-benefit dental plans.
Competitors to Watch: Unum Group (NYSE:UNM), Principal Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE:PFG), Triple-S Management Corp. (NYSE:GTS), American Independence Corp. (NASDAQ:AMIC), CIGNA Corporation (NYSE:CI), WellPoint, Inc. (NYSE:WLP), American Insurance Group (NYSE:AIG), Universal American Corp. (NYSE:UAM), Humana Inc. (NYSE:HUM), HealthMarkets, Inc. (NYSE:UCI).
(Note: Data regarding AFLAC Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>