AFLAC: Institutional Investor Stock Sales in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of AFLAC Inc. (NYSE:AFL).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of AFLAC Inc. in Q3 2011:
- SAMLYN CAPITAL, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 2,622,970 shares, worth $120,551,701. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- UBS OCONNOR LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 482,327 shares, worth $22,167,749. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 310,560 shares, worth $14,273,338. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- PINEBRIDGE INVESTMENTS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 287,579 shares, worth $13,217,131. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ARTISAN PARTNERS HOLDINGS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 248,340 shares, worth $11,413,706. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Aflac, Inc. is a general business holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, provides supplemental insurance to individuals in the United States and Japan. Aflac’s products include accident/disability plans, cancer expense plans, short-term disability plans, sickness and hospital indemnity plans, hospital intensive care plans, and fixed-benefit dental plans.
Competitors to Watch: Unum Group (NYSE:UNM), Principal Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE:PFG), Triple-S Management Corp. (NYSE:GTS), American Independence Corp. (NASDAQ:AMIC), CIGNA Corporation (NYSE:CI), WellPoint, Inc. (NYSE:WLP), American Insurance Group (NYSE:AIG), Universal American Corp. (NYSE:UAM), Humana Inc. (NYSE:HUM), HealthMarkets, Inc. (NYSE:UCI).
(Note: Data regarding AFLAC Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>