AK Steel Holding: Big Shareholders Selling Shares in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of AK Steel Holding Corporation (NYSE:AKS).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of AK Steel Holding Corporation in Q3 2011:
- SAMLYN CAPITAL, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 2,505,765 shares, worth $39,014,761. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ALYESKA INVESTMENT GROUP, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 2,000,000 shares, worth $31,140,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- VINIK ASSET MANAGEMENT L P: On 06/30/2011, held 1,575,000 shares, worth $24,522,750. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- PENN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT CO INC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,211,422 shares, worth $18,861,841. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- TURNER INVESTMENT PARTNERS INC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,201,630 shares, worth $18,709,379. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: AK Steel Holding Corporation, through its wholly-owned subsidiary, produces flat rolled carbon steel. The Company produces coated, cold rolled, and hot rolled carbon steel for the automotive, appliance, construction, and manufacturing markets. AK Steel also cold rolls and aluminum coats stainless steel for automotive industry customers.
Competitors to Watch: Steel Dynamics, Inc. (NASDAQ:STLD), United States Steel Corp. (NYSE:X), Nucor Corporation (NYSE:NUE), Ternium S.A. (NYSE:TX), Commercial Metals Company (NYSE:CMC), Universal Stainless & Alloy Products (NASDAQ:USAP), Allegheny Tech. Inc. (NYSE:ATI), Ampco-Pittsburgh Corp. (NYSE:AP), ArcelorMittal (NYSE:MT), and Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ:SCHN).
(Note: Data regarding AK Steel Holding Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>