Akamai Technologies: Exec Insiders and Institutional Investor Stock Sales in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Akamai Technologies Inc. (NASDAQ:AKAM).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Akamai Technologies Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Sherman J Donald: act as CFO(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CFOs have bought). On 08/31/2011, sold 5,000 shares, worth $110,500.
- Seligman Naomi O: act as Director. On 11/01/2011, sold 3,125 shares, worth $82,400.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Akamai Technologies Inc. in Q3 2011:
- STRS OHIO: On 06/30/2011, held 945,000 shares, worth $29,739,150. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BEL AIR INVESTMENT ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 618,786 shares, worth $19,473,195. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- GENEVA CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LTD/WI: On 06/30/2011, held 562,668 shares, worth $17,707,162. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EAGLE ASSET MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 553,159 shares, worth $17,407,914. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- AMERICAN CENTURY COMPANIES INC: On 06/30/2011, held 526,538 shares, worth $16,570,151. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Akamai Technologies, Inc. provides global delivery services for Internet content, streaming media, and applications and global Internet traffic management. The Company uses technology and software based on mathematical formulas and algorithms to monitor Internet traffic patterns.
(Note: Data regarding Akamai Technologies Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>