Alcoa Earnings Preview: 5 Metrics You Must Know
Ah. It’s that time of year again when we kick-off another season of earnings with aluminum producer Alcoa (NYSE:AA).
Rather than enter the earnings release blind, here’s your Cheat Sheet to Alcoa’s Earnings:
1) Earnings Expectations: Analysts expect earnings of $0.01 a share on revenues of $5.78 billion (FactSet).
2) Outlook: Alcoa’s outlook for the remainder of 2012 has already been let out of the bag as the company alerted investors global demand will come in weaker than previously forecasted. Europe is playing a key role as their slowing economy quickly dampened business activity.
3) Keys to a Successful Earnings Announcement: Investors have relatively low expectations for Alcoa (NYSE:AA) heading into earnings. Investors will be looking for an improvement in margins based on pricing power and production from Alcoa’s new lower-cost plants. Volume of production will also be critical.
4) Insider Activity: Unfavorable.
5) Top Competitors to Watch: Century Aluminum Company (NASDAQ:CENX), Alumina Limited (NYSE:AWC), Kaiser Aluminum Corp. (NASDAQ:KALU), Noranda Aluminum Holding Corporation (NYSE:NOR), and Aluminum Corp. of China (NYSE:ACH).
Join us Monday after the bell for a valuable recap of Alcoa earnings with commentary that matters for investors.