Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Allegheny Technologies Inc. (NYSE:ATI).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Allegheny Technologies Inc. in Q3 2011:
- HIGHBRIDGE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,880,135 shares, worth $118,880,936. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- FRIESS ASSOCIATES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,175,100 shares, worth $74,301,573. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- OPPENHEIMER FUNDS INC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,084,581 shares, worth $68,578,057. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- PIEDMONT INVESTMENT ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 808,314 shares, worth $51,109,694. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- VINIK ASSET MANAGEMENT L P: On 06/30/2011, held 757,100 shares, worth $47,871,433. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Allegheny Technologies, Inc., produces specialty materials. The Company’s products include include titanium and titanium alloys, nickel-based alloys and superalloys, zirconium, hafnium and niobium, stainless and specialty steel alloys, grain-oriented electrical steel, tungsten-based materials and cutting tools, carbon alloy impression die forgings, and large grey and ductile iron.
Competitors to Watch: RTI Intl. Metals, Inc. (NYSE:RTI), China Direct Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ:CDII), Titanium Metals Corp. (NYSE:TIE), AK Steel Holding Corp. (NYSE:AKS), Precision Castparts Corp. (NYSE:PCP).
(Note: Data regarding Allegheny Technologies Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>