Allegheny Technologies: Institutional Investors Buying Stock in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Allegheny Technologies Inc. (NYSE:ATI).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Allegheny Technologies Inc. in Q3 2011:
- MACKENZIE FINANCIAL CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 4,285,000 shares, worth $158,502,150.
- RCM CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,709,319 shares, worth $100,217,710.
- STANDARD PACIFIC CAPITAL LLC/CA: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 575,869 shares, worth $21,301,394.
- SAMLYN CAPITAL, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 438,700 shares, worth $16,227,513.
- KINGDON CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 350,000 shares, worth $12,946,500.
About the company: Allegheny Technologies, Inc., produces specialty materials. The Company’s products include include titanium and titanium alloys, nickel-based alloys and superalloys, zirconium, hafnium and niobium, stainless and specialty steel alloys, grain-oriented electrical steel, tungsten-based materials and cutting tools, carbon alloy impression die forgings, and large grey and ductile iron.
Competitors to Watch: RTI Intl. Metals, Inc. (NYSE:RTI), China Direct Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ:CDII), Titanium Metals Corp. (NYSE:TIE), AK Steel Holding Corp. (NYSE:AKS), Precision Castparts Corp. (NYSE:PCP), ArcelorMittal (NYSE:MT), Schnitzer Steel (NASDAQ:SCHN), Steel Dynamics (NASDAQ:STLD) and Nucor (NYSE:NUE).
(Note: Data regarding Allegheny Technologies Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>