Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Allergan Inc. (NYSE:AGN).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Allergan Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Diradoorian Raymond H: act as EVPGlobal Technical Operations. On 10/28/2011, sold 33,200 shares, worth $2,803,400.
- Hudson Dawn E: act as Director. On 10/31/2011, sold 5,000 shares, worth $418,800.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Allergan Inc. in Q3 2011:
- ARTISAN PARTNERS HOLDINGS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 3,362,878 shares, worth $279,623,306. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ALYESKA INVESTMENT GROUP, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 763,806 shares, worth $63,510,469. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- KARSCH CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 728,879 shares, worth $60,606,289. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- DAWSON CAPITAL MANAGEMENT INC /CT: On 06/30/2011, held 167,950 shares, worth $13,965,043. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 138,000 shares, worth $11,474,700. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Allergan, Inc. is a multi-specialty health care company that discovers, develops and commercializes pharmaceuticals, biologics and medical devices. The Company develops products for the ophthalmic, neurological, medical aesthetics, medical dermatology, breast aesthetics, obesity intervention, urological and other specialty markets in countries around the world.
Competitors to Watch: Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ), Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:ISPH), ISTA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:ISTA), Endo Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ENDP), Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp. (NYSE:MRX), Akorn, Inc. (NASDAQ:AKRX), Novartis AG (NYSE:NVS), GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE:GSK), Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE:MRK), and Hospira, Inc. (NYSE:HSP).
(Note: Data regarding Allergan Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>