Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Allergan Inc. (NYSE:AGN).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Allergan Inc. in Q3 2011:
- ARTISAN PARTNERS LIMITED PARTNERSHIP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 3,259,940 shares, worth $268,390,860.
- RCM CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,733,191 shares, worth $225,023,615.
- ATALANTA SOSNOFF CAPITAL, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,762,430 shares, worth $145,100,862.
- GLOBALBRIDGE, INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 534,234 shares, worth $43,983,485.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 405,230 shares, worth $33,362,586.
About the company: Allergan, Inc. is a multi-specialty health care company that discovers, develops and commercializes pharmaceuticals, biologics and medical devices. The Company develops products for the ophthalmic, neurological, medical aesthetics, medical dermatology, breast aesthetics, obesity intervention, urological and other specialty markets in countries around the world.
Competitors to Watch: Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ), Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:ISPH), ISTA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:ISTA), Endo Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ENDP), Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp. (NYSE:MRX), Akorn, Inc. (NASDAQ:AKRX), Novartis AG (NYSE:NVS), GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE:GSK), Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE:MRK), and Hospira, Inc. (NYSE:HSP).
(Note: Data regarding Allergan Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>