Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of The Allstate Corporation (NYSE:ALL).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of The Allstate Corporation in Q3 2011:
- ARTISAN PARTNERS LIMITED PARTNERSHIP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 6,919,360 shares, worth $162,535,766.
- AGF INVESTMENTS INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,044,787 shares, worth $24,542,047.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 762,937 shares, worth $17,921,390.
- TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 328,447 shares, worth $7,715,220.
- TWO SIGMA INVESTMENTS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 272,811 shares, worth $6,408,330.
About the company: The Allstate Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides property-liability insurance, as well as other types of insurance in the United States and Canada. The Company primarily sells private passenger automobile and homeowners insurance through independent and specialized brokers. Allstate also sells life insurance, annuity, and group pension products through agents.
Competitors to Watch: Horace Mann Educators Corp. (NYSE:HMN), The Progressive Corp. (NYSE:PGR), Safety Insurance Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:SAFT), 21st Century Holding Co. (NASDAQ:TCHC), The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE:TRV), Hilltop Holdings Inc. (NYSE:HTH), Hallmark Financial Services, Inc. (NASDAQ:HALL), Tower Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:TWGP), American Insurance Group (NYSE:AIG), Erie Indemnity Company (NASDAQ:ERIE), and Gainsco, Inc. (AMEX:GAN).
(Note: Data regarding The Allstate Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>