Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Altera Corp. (NASDAQ:ALTR).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Altera Corp.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Daane John: act as President and CEO(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CEOs have bought). On 10/27/2011, sold 100,000 shares, worth $4,030,000.
- Papa George A: act as Sr VP, Worldwide Sales. On 11/14/2011, sold 93,434 shares, worth $3,503,800.
- Plofsky Jordan: act as Sr VP & GM Penang Operation. On 08/08/2011, sold 50,000 shares, worth $1,766,000.
- Papa George A: act as Sr VP, Worldwide Sales. On 09/12/2011, sold 25,000 shares, worth $900,000.
- Hata William: act as Sr VP, WW Ops & Engineering. On 10/25/2011, sold 20,000 shares, worth $773,600.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Altera Corp. in Q3 2011:
- RENAISSANCE GROUP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,337,305 shares, worth $61,716,626. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- WEDGE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT L L P/NC: On 06/30/2011, held 769,968 shares, worth $35,534,023. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CARLSON CAPITAL L P: On 06/30/2011, held 500,200 shares, worth $23,084,230. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CASTLEROCK ASSET MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 470,446 shares, worth $21,711,083. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- OZ MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 428,887 shares, worth $19,793,135. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Altera Corporation designs, manufactures, and markets programmable logic devices and associated development tools. The Company’s products, include a variety of programmable logic devices and hardcopy application-specific integrated circuits.
Competitors to Watch: Lattice Semiconductor (NASDAQ:LSCC), Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ:XLNX), QuickLogic Corporation (NASDAQ:QUIK), Texas Instruments Inc. (NYSE:TXN), Microsemi Corporation (NASDAQ:MSCC), Cypress Semicond. Corp. (NASDAQ:CY), ON Semiconductor Corp. (NASDAQ:ONNN), Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ:BRCM), TranSwitch Corporation (NASDAQ:TXCC), and Aeroflex Holding Corp. (NYSE:ARX).
(Note: Data regarding Altera Corp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>