Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Amazon.com Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Valentine H Brian: act as Senior Vice President. On 09/19/2011, sold 45,000 shares, worth $10,614,200.
- Szkutak Thomas J: act as Senior Vice President and CFO(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CFOs have bought). On 08/01/2011, sold 20,000 shares, worth $4,462,400.
- Piacentini Diego: act as Senior Vice President. On 11/15/2011, sold 10,000 shares, worth $2,173,800.
- Piacentini Diego: act as Senior Vice President. On 08/15/2011, sold 10,000 shares, worth $2,019,800.
- Jassy Andrew R: act as Senior Vice President. On 11/15/2011, sold 7,750 shares, worth $1,689,500.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Amazon.com Inc. in Q3 2011:
- SCOUT CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 433,400 shares, worth $88,625,966. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- RENAISSANCE TECHNOLOGIES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 377,162 shares, worth $77,125,857. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- GENERATION INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT LLP: On 06/30/2011, held 345,917 shares, worth $70,736,567. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EMPIRE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, L.L.C.: On 06/30/2011, held 195,000 shares, worth $39,875,550. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 192,500 shares, worth $39,364,325. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Amazon.com, Inc. is an online retailer that offers a wide range of products. The Company’s products include books, music, videotapes, computers, electronics, home and garden, and numerous other products. Amazon offers personalized shopping services, Web-based credit card payment, and direct shipping to customers.
Competitors to Watch: eBay Inc. (NASDAQ:EBAY), Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE:WMT), Overstock.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:OSTK), Google Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG), Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS), Costco Wholesale Corp. (NASDAQ:COST), GSI Commerce, Inc. (NASDAQ:GSIC), Hot Topic, Inc. (NASDAQ:HOTT), PC Mall, Inc. (NASDAQ:MALL), Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) and Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE:BBY).
(Note: Data regarding Amazon.com Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>