Amazon.com: Institutional Investors Buying Shares in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Amazon.com Inc. in Q3 2011:
- RCM CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,521,885 shares, worth $329,077,194.
- COMMERZBANK AKTIENGESELLSCHAFT /FI: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,427,139 shares, worth $308,590,266.
- ALKEON CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 359,084 shares, worth $77,644,733.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 294,950 shares, worth $63,777,039.
- CAPITAL GROWTH MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 275,000 shares, worth $59,463,250.
About the company: Amazon.com, Inc. is an online retailer that offers a wide range of products. The Company’s products include books, music, videotapes, computers, electronics, home and garden, and numerous other products. Amazon offers personalized shopping services, Web-based credit card payment, and direct shipping to customers.
Competitors to Watch: eBay Inc. (NASDAQ:EBAY), Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE:WMT), Overstock.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:OSTK), Google Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG), Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS), Costco Wholesale Corp. (NASDAQ:COST), GSI Commerce, Inc. (NASDAQ:GSIC), Hot Topic, Inc. (NASDAQ:HOTT), PC Mall, Inc. (NASDAQ:MALL), Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) and Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE:BBY).
(Note: Data regarding Amazon.com Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>