Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of American Electric Power Co., Inc. (NYSE:AEP).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of American Electric Power Co., Inc. in Q3 2011:
- HGK ASSET MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,436,269 shares, worth $52,797,248. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- DEPRINCE RACE & ZOLLO INC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,077,409 shares, worth $39,605,555. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- LUMINUS MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 686,875 shares, worth $25,249,525. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- PGGM INVESTMENTS: On 06/30/2011, held 491,248 shares, worth $18,058,276. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BBT CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 418,745 shares, worth $15,393,066. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: American Electric Power Company, Inc.(NYSE:AEP)is a public utility holding company. The Company provides electric service, consisting of generation, transmission and distribution, on an integrated basis to their retail customers. AEP serves portions of the states of Arkansas, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia.
Competitors to Watch: FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE:FE), Duke Energy Corporation (NYSE:DUK), Cleco Corporation (NYSE:CNL), PPL Corporation (NYSE:PPL), The Southern Company (NYSE:SO), Entergy Corporation (NYSE:ETR), DPL Inc. (NYSE:DPL), Westar Energy, Inc. (NYSE:WR), NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE:NEE), and Constellation Energy Group, Inc. (NYSE:CEG).
(Note: Data regarding American Electric Power Co., Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>