Ameriprise Financial: Exec Insider and Fund Stock Sales in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Ameriprise Financial Inc. (NYSE:AMP).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Ameriprise Financial Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Junek John Carl: act as Exec VP and General Counsel. On 07/15/2011, sold 15,043 shares, worth $826,000.
- Junek John Carl: act as Exec VP and General Counsel. On 07/29/2011, sold 10,372 shares, worth $547,300.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Ameriprise Financial Inc. in Q3 2011:
- OZ MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 2,150,621 shares, worth $122,843,472. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- RENAISSANCE GROUP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,012,800 shares, worth $57,851,136. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CADENCE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 664,350 shares, worth $37,947,672. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- GREAT LAKES ADVISORS INC: On 06/30/2011, held 576,860 shares, worth $32,950,243. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ORIGIN ASSET MANAGEMENT LLP: On 06/30/2011, held 545,191 shares, worth $31,141,310. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Ameriprise Financial, Inc. is a financial planning and services firm. The Company provides financial planning, products and services that are designed to be utilized as solutions for its clients’ cash and liquidity, asset accumulation, income, protection, and estate and wealth transfer needs.
Competitors to Watch: Financial Engines Inc (NASDAQ:FNGN), Oppenheimer Hldgs. Inc. (NYSE:OPY), Raymond James Financial, Inc. (NYSE:RJF), LPL Investment Hldgs. Inc. (NASDAQ:LPLA), Principal Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE:PFG), Stifel Financial Corp. (NYSE:SF), Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE:PRU), MetLife, Inc. (NYSE:MET), Bank of America Corp. (NYSE:BAC), and TD Ameritrade Holding Corp. (NASDAQ:AMTD).
(Note: Data regarding Ameriprise Financial Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>