Ameriprise Financial: Insiders and Funds Buying Stock in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Ameriprise Financial Inc. (NYSE:AMP).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Ameriprise Financial Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Sharpe Robert Francis Jr: act as Director. On 11/03/2011, bought 16,000 shares, worth $728,200.
- Greenberg Lon R: act as Director. On 08/23/2011, bought 2,570 shares, worth $104,500.
- Sarles H Jay: act as Director. On 08/22/2011, bought 2,500 shares, worth $99,900.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Ameriprise Financial Inc. in Q3 2011:
- NUMERIC INVESTORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,319,450 shares, worth $51,656,468.
- SAMLYN CAPITAL, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 997,800 shares, worth $39,063,870.
- GREAT LAKES ADVISORS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 573,975 shares, worth $22,471,121.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 385,767 shares, worth $15,102,778.
- RENAISSANCE TECHNOLOGIES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 228,300 shares, worth $8,937,945.
About the company: Ameriprise Financial, Inc. is a financial planning and services firm. The Company provides financial planning, products and services that are designed to be utilized as solutions for its clients’ cash and liquidity, asset accumulation, income, protection, and estate and wealth transfer needs.
Competitors to Watch: Financial Engines Inc (NASDAQ:FNGN), Oppenheimer Hldgs. Inc. (NYSE:OPY), Raymond James Financial, Inc. (NYSE:RJF), LPL Investment Hldgs. Inc. (NASDAQ:LPLA), Principal Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE:PFG), Stifel Financial Corp. (NYSE:SF), Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE:PRU), MetLife, Inc. (NYSE:MET), Bank of America Corp. (NYSE:BAC), and TD Ameritrade Holding Corp. (NASDAQ:AMTD).
(Note: Data regarding Ameriprise Financial Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>