Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Amgen Inc. (NASDAQ:AMGN).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Amgen Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- De Carbonnel Francois: act as Director. On 08/04/2011, bought 1,000 shares, worth $53,000.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Amgen Inc. in Q3 2011:
- RCM CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,995,220 shares, worth $164,617,291.
- COMMERZBANK AKTIENGESELLSCHAFT /FI: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 868,931 shares, worth $47,756,448.
- TEACHERS RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF THE STATE OF KENTUCKY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 789,200 shares, worth $43,374,432.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 660,859 shares, worth $36,320,811.
- TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 587,515 shares, worth $32,289,824.
About the company: Amgen Inc. discovers, develops, manufactures, and markets human therapeutics based on cellular and molecular biology. The Company focuses its research on secreted protein and small molecule therapeutics, with particular emphasis on neuroscience and cancer. Amgen concentrates on the areas of hematology, cancer, infectious disease, endocrinology, neurobiology, and inflammation.
Competitors to Watch: Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ), Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE), Biogen Idec Inc. (NASDAQ:BIIB), GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE:GSK), Affymax, Inc. (NASDAQ:AFFY), Genzyme Corporation (NASDAQ:GENZ), Novartis AG (NYSE:NVS), 3SBio Inc. (NASDAQ:SSRX), and NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:NPSP).
(Note: Data regarding Amgen Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>