Anadarko Petroleum: Exec Insider and Institutional Stock Buys in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Anadarko Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:APC).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Anadarko Petroleum Corporation’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Reynolds Paula Rosput: act as Director. On 08/09/2011, bought 3,000 shares, worth $196,200.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Anadarko Petroleum Corporation in Q3 2011:
- PAULSON MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 14,171,448 shares, worth $893,509,796.
- GENERAL ELECTRIC CO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,829,122 shares, worth $178,376,142.
- JANA PARTNERS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 866,733 shares, worth $54,647,516.
- PINEBRIDGE INVESTMENTS LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 603,223 shares, worth $38,033,210.
- SENATOR INVESTMENT GROUP LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 600,000 shares, worth $37,830,000.
About the company: Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an independent oil and gas exploration and production company with international operations. In the United States, the Company operates in Texas and surrounding states, the Rocky Mountain region, Alaska, and the Gulf of Mexico. Internationally, Anadarko has exploration and/or production operations in Africa, Asia, South America, and the Caribbean.
Competitors to Watch: Chevron Corporation (NYSE:CVX), Devon Energy Corporation (NYSE:DVN), BP plc (NYSE:BP), ConocoPhillips (NYSE:COP), Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM), Chesapeake Energy Corp. (NYSE:CHK), Newfield Exploration Co. (NYSE:NFX), EOG Resources, Inc. (NYSE:EOG), Plains Exploration & Production Co. (NYSE:PXP), and Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE:MRO).
(Note: Data regarding Anadarko Petroleum Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>