Anadarko Petroleum: Major Shareholders Selling Shares in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Anadarko Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:APC).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Anadarko Petroleum Corporation’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Butler John R Jr: act as Director. On 07/28/2011, sold 7,500 shares, worth $626,500.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Anadarko Petroleum Corporation in Q3 2011:
- YORK CAPITAL MANAGEMENT GLOBAL ADVISORS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 988,400 shares, worth $75,770,744. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- PINEBRIDGE INVESTMENTS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 605,349 shares, worth $46,406,054. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- RENAISSANCE TECHNOLOGIES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 491,000 shares, worth $37,640,060. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 317,500 shares, worth $24,339,550. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MARSHALL & ILSLEY CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 300,483 shares, worth $23,035,027. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an independent oil and gas exploration and production company with international operations. In the United States, the Company operates in Texas and surrounding states, the Rocky Mountain region, Alaska, and the Gulf of Mexico. Internationally, Anadarko has exploration and/or production operations in Africa, Asia, South America, and the Caribbean.
Competitors to Watch: Chevron Corporation (NYSE:CVX), Devon Energy Corporation (NYSE:DVN), BP plc (NYSE:BP), ConocoPhillips (NYSE:COP), Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM), Chesapeake Energy Corp. (NYSE:CHK), Newfield Exploration Co. (NYSE:NFX), EOG Resources, Inc. (NYSE:EOG), Plains Exploration & Production Co. (NYSE:PXP), and Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE:MRO).
(Note: Data regarding Anadarko Petroleum Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>