Following is information on companies for which stock analysts initiated coverage today:
- Transdigm Group (NYSE:TDG): BB&T Capital Mkts initiated coverage on this stock with a rating of Buy and a price target of $110. About the company: TransDign Group, Inc. through subsidiaries, manufactures aircraft components. The Company produces ignition systems and components, gear pumps, mechanical/electromechanical actuators and controls, NiCad batteries/chargers, power conditioning devices, hold-open rods and locking devices, engineered connectors and latches, cockpit security devices, and AC/DC electric motors.
- Spirit Aerosystems (NYSE:SPR): BB&T Capital Mkts initiated coverage on this stock with a rating of Buy and a price target of $31. About the company: Spirit AeroSystems Holdings Inc. designs and manufactures aerostructures including fuselages, propulsion systems and wing systems for commercial and military aircrafts.
- Rockwell Collins (NYSE:COL): BB&T Capital Mkts initiated coverage on this stock with a rating of Buy and a price target of $79. About the company: Rockwell Collins, Inc. designs, produces, markets and supports electronic communications, avionics, and in-flight entertainment systems. The Company’s systems are used by commercial, military, and government customers located throughout the world.
- Boeing (NYSE:BA): BB&T Capital Mkts initiated coverage on this stock with a rating of Buy and a price target of $92. About the company: The Boeing Company, together with its subsidiaries, develops, produces, and markets commercial jet aircraft, as well as provides related support services to the commercial airline industry worldwide. The Company also researches, develops, produces, modifies, and supports information, space, and defense systems, including military aircraft, helicopters, and space and missile systems.
- BE Aerospace (NASDAQ:BEAV): BB&T Capital Mkts initiated coverage on this stock with a rating of Buy and a price target of $50. About the company: BE Aerospace, Inc. manufactures interior products for commercial and general aviation aircraft cabins. The Company serves major airlines and various general aviation customers and airframe manufacturers. Products include a variety of aircraft seating products, food and beverage preparation and storage equipment, cabin interior structures, and oxygen delivery systems.
- Salesforce.com (NYSE:CRM): Longbow initiated coverage on this stock with a rating of Neutral. No price target was given. About the company: Salesforce.com, Inc. provides software on demand. The Company supplies a customer relationship management service to businesses worldwide providing a technology platform for customers and developers to build and run business applications. Clients use Salesforce.com to manage their customers, sales and operational data.
- Lone Pine Resources (LPR): Howard Weil initiated coverage of this stock with a rating of Market Outperform and a price target of $17. About the company: Lone Pine Resources, Inc, is an independent oil and gas exploration, development, and production company with operations in Canada within the provinces of Alberta, British Columbia, Quebec and the Northwest Territories.
- GTX (NASDAQ:GTXI): Wedbush initiated coverage of this stock with a rating of Outperform and a price target of $13. About the company: GTx, Inc. discovers, develops, and commercializes therapeutics primarily related to the treatment of serious men’s health conditions. The Company’s drug discovery and development programs are focused on small molecules that selectively modulate the effects of estrogens and androgens, two essential classes of hormones. GTx is currently developing products for prostate cancer.
- Somaxon Pharma (NASDAQ:SOMX): Global Hunter Securities initiated coverage of this stock with a rating of Accumulate and a price target of $3.4. About the company: Somaxon Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a specialty pharmaceutical company. The Company is focused on in-licensing, developing, and commercializing proprietary product candidates for the treatment of diseases and disorders in the fields of psychiatry and neurology.
- Ultimate Software (NASDAQ:ULTI): Kaufman Bros initiated coverage of this stock with a rating of Buy and a price target of $65. About the company: The Ultimate Software Group, Inc. designs, markets, implements, and supports web-based and client/server cross-industry human resource management and payroll software solutions. The Company’s solutions are marketed primarily to middle-market organizations. Ultimate’s products automate HRMS/payroll functions and are enabling tools in the management of the employee life cycle.
(Note: Data on stock ratings is sourced from here. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>