Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about companies for which stock analysts either reiterated their rating or initiated coverage for August 17th:
- Exelixis (NASDAQ:EXEL): Stifel Nicolaus initiated coverage of this stock with a rating of Hold and a price target of $8. About the company: Exelixis, Inc. is a development-stage biotechnology company dedicated to the discovery and development of small-molecule therapeutics for the treatment of cancer and other serious diseases. The Company is building a portfolio of compounds it believes could become pharmaceutical products. Exelixis has strategic alliances with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
- Kosmos Energy (KOS): RBC Capital Mkts initiated coverage of this stock with a rating of Outperform and a price target of $16. About the company: Eastman Kodak Company develops, manufactures, and markets imaging products. The company provides professional and consumer digital cameras, laser images for radiologists, and photographic films for professionals and amateurs. Kodak also provides digital services for cinematographers, document scanners, aerial images, digital printers for commercial customers, and flat panel displays.
- LivePerson (NASDAQ:LPSN): Ladenburg Thalmann initiated coverage of this stock with a rating of Buy and a price target of $16. About the company: LivePerson, Inc. provides technology that facilitates real-time sales and customer service for companies doing business on the Internet. The Company, an application service provider, offers its real-time interaction technology as an outsourced service. The LivePerson service enables its clients to communicate directly with Internet users via text-based chat.
- YM BioSciences (AMEX:YMI): Collins Stewart initiated coverage of this stock with a rating of Buy and a price target of $4. About the company: YM Biosciences Inc. is developing cancer drugs based on technologies licensed primarily from international academic centers. The Company is currently developing a small molecule chemopotentiator for metastatic breast cancer, an EGFr humanized monoclonal antibody, and a GnRH cancer vaccine. YM is also supporting the preclinical development of additional cancer products.
- Analog Devices (NYSE:ADI): Argus reiterated its rating of Buy and changed its price target from $51 to $43. About the company: Analog Devices, Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets integrated circuits used in analog and digital signal processing. The Company’s products are used in communications, computer, industrial, instrumentation, military/aerospace, automotive, and high-performance consumer electronics applications. Analog Devices sells its products worldwide.
- Westamerica Banc (NASDAQ:WABC): RBC Capital Mkts reiterated its rating of Sector Perform and changed its price target from $52 to $46. About the company: Westamerica Bancorporation is the holding company for Westamerica Bank and Bank of Lake County. The Banks provide a full range of services to individual and corporate customers in northern and central California. The Company’s other subsidiaries finance accounts receivable and inventory lines of credit and term business loans, as well as provides data processing services to the Company.
- TJX (NYSE:TJX): RBC Capital Mkts reiterated its rating of Outperform and changed its price target from $62 to $64. About the company: The TJX Companies, Inc. is an off-price apparel and home fashion retailer in the United States and worldwide. The Company operates off-price retail concepts in the U.S., Canada and Europe that offer a wide range of brand name and designer merchandise.
- NGL Energy Partners (NGL): RBC Capital Mkts reiterated its rating of Outperform and changed its price target from $22 to $25. About the company: NGL Energy Partners LP is a limited partnership company formed to own and operate a vertically-integrated propane business. The Company operates in three segments: retail propane; wholesale supply and marketing; and midstream. Its retail propane business sells propane to end users consisting of residential, agricultural, commercial and industrial customers.
- Extra Space Storage (NYSE:EXR): RBC Capital Mkts reiterated its rating of Outperform and changed its price target from $21 to $24. About the company: Extra Space Storage Inc. is a self-administered and self-managed real estate investment trust. The Company owns, operates, manages, acquires, develops and redevelops professionally managed self-storage facilities.
- Dell (NASDAQ:DELL): RBC Capital Mkts reiterated its rating of Sector Perform and changed its price target from $20 to $17. About the company: Dell Inc. is a technology company that offers a range of technology product categories, including mobility products, desktop personal computers, software and peripherals, servers and networking products, storage and services.
- CGGVeritas (NYSE:CGV): RBC Capital Mkts reiterated its rating of Outperform and changed its price target from $29 to $22.5. About the company: CGGVeritas is a manufacturer of geophysical equipment and a provider of a range of services, including seismic data acquisition and related processing and interpretation software to the clients in the oil and gas exploration and production industry.
- VanceInfo Tech (NYSE:VIT): Kaufman Bros reiterated its rating of Buy and changed its price target from $25 to $20. About the company: VanceInfo Technologies Inc. is an information technology service provider and an offshore software development company in China. The Company’s range of IT services includes research and development services, enterprise solutions, application development and maintenance, testing, as well as globalization and localization.
- SORL Auto Parts (NASDAQ:SORL): Rodman & Renshaw reiterated its rating of Mkt Outperform and changed its price target from $18 to $10. About the company: SORL Auto Parts, Inc., through its 90% ownership of the Ruili Group Ruian Auto Parts Co., Ltd., a Sino-foreign joint venture (the Joint Venture), develops, manufactures and distributes automotive air brake systems, air controlling systems and other related components to automotive original equipment manufacturers, and the related aftermarket both in China and internationally.
- 7 Days Group (NYSE:SVN): Brean Murray reiterated its rating of Buy and changed its price target from $27 to $30. About the company: 7 Days Group Holdings Limited (7 Days Inn) is an offshore holding company structure and conducts its operations in the People’s Republic of China through its wholly owned subsidiary, 7 Days Inn (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd. (7 Days Shenzhen), and its subsidiaries and branches.
- First Solar (NASDAQ:FSLR): Auriga reiterated its rating of Buy and changed its price target from $168 to $154. About the company: First Solar, Inc. (First Solar) manufactures and sells solar modules with an advanced thin-film semiconductor technology. First Solar designs, constructs, and sells photovoltaic solar power systems.
- Digital Realty Trust (NYSE:DLR): FBR Capital reiterated its rating of Mkt Perform and changed its price target from $67 to $65. About the company: Digital Realty Trust, Inc. owns, acquires, develops, redevelops and manages technology-related real estate. The Company operates through Digital Realty Trust, L.P. The Company operates as a real estate investment trust.
- Corp Office Props (NYSE:OFC): FBR Capital reiterated its rating of Mkt Perform and changed its price target from $32 to $29. About the company: Corporate Office Properties Trust is a specialty office real estate investment trust, which focuses on the customer relationships and specialized tenant requirements in the United States Government and defense information technology, and data sectors.
- Blue Coat (NASDAQ:BCSI): FBR Capital reiterated its rating of Mkt Perform and changed its price target from $19 to $15. About the company: Blue Coat Systems, Inc. designs, develops and sells proxy and other appliances, and related software and services that secure the delivery of business applications, Web content and other information to distributed users over a wide area network, or across an enterprise’s gateway to the public Internet (also known as the Web).
- Dick’s Sporting Goods (NYSE:DKS): FBR Capital reiterated its rating of Outperform and changed its price target from $44 to $40. About the company: Dick’s Sporting Goods, Inc. (Dick’s) is a sporting goods retailer offering a range of brand name sporting goods equipment, apparel, and footwear in a specialty store environment.
(N0te: Data on stock ratings are sourced from Briefing.com via the Wall St. Journal. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>