Following is information on companies for which stock analysts upgraded their ratings today:
- Rockwell Collins (NYSE:COL): RBC Capital Mkts upgraded its rating from Sector Perform to Outperform and gave a price target of $70. About the company: Rockwell Collins, Inc. designs, produces, markets, and supports electronic communications, avionics, and in-flight entertainment systems. The Company’s systems are used by commercial, military, and government customers located throughout the world. Rockwell Collins, Inc. Earnings Cheat Sheet: A Streak of Profit Growth Continues>>
- Owens Corning (NYSE:OC): RBC Capital Mkts upgraded its rating from Outperform to Top Pick and changed its price target from $42 to $45. About the company: Owens Corning Inc. offers insulation, roofing, siding, basement and acoustic systems for building and remodeling, composites solutions and asphalt.
- Union Banc (NASDAQ:UBSH): Stifel Nicolaus upgraded its rating from Hold to Buy and gave a price target of $15. About the company: Union First Market Bankshares Corporation (Union) is a multi-bank holding company. The Banks offer a wide range of banking and related financial services including checking, savings, certificates of deposit and other depository services, discount brokerage services, and a variety of loans. Union operates throughout Virginia.
- Tortoise Energy (NYSE:TYY): Stifel Nicolaus upgraded its rating from Hold to Buy and gave a price target of $28. About the company: Tortoise Energy Capital Corporation is a non-diversified, closed-end management investment company. The Company provides financing primarily for master limited partnerships and their affiliates in the energy infrastructure sector.
- Cott (NYSE:COT): Stifel Nicolaus upgraded its rating from Hold to Buy and gave a price target of $12. About the company: Cott Corporation engages in the production and distribution of retailer brand beverages in North America and internationally. It offers carbonated soft drinks, flavored waters, energy-related drinks, juice, juice-based products, bottled water, and ready-to-drink teas.
- CBOE Holdings (NASDAQ:CBOE): Stifel Nicolaus upgraded its rating from Sell to Hold. No price target was given. About the company: CBOE Holdings Inc. operates a marketplace for the trading of standardized, listed options on equity securities. The Company is recognized for its role in the trading of options on individual equities, market indexes and exchange-traded funds, their suite of products, their markets and their hybrid trading model.
- Edwards Lifesciences (NYSE:EW):Morgan Keegan upgraded its rating from Mkt Perform to Outperform and gave a price target of $97. About the company: Edwards Lifesciences Corporation designs, develops, manufactures, and markets products and services to treat late-stage cardiovascular disease. The Company’s products include tissue replacement heart valves, heart valve repair products, hemodynamic monitoring devices, angioscopy equipment, oxygenators, and pharmaceuticals. Edwards supplies its products to customers located worldwide.
- CF Industries (NYSE:CF): Dahlman Rose upgraded its rating from Hold to Buy and gave a price target of $180. About the company: CF Industries Holdings, Inc. manufactures and distributes nitrogen and phosphate fertilizer products in North America. The Company’s principal products in the nitrogen segment are ammonia, urea and urea ammonium nitrate solution and its principal products in the phosphate segment are diammonium phosphate, monoammonium phosphate, and granular muriate of potash.
- Volvo (VOLVY): Robert W. Baird upgraded its rating from Neutral to Outperform. No price target was given. About the company: AB Volvo provides commercial transport solutions primarily in Europe, North America, South America, and Asia. The company manufactures medium-heavy to heavy trucks for long-haul, regional transport, and construction operations; vehicles from light trucks for delivery to heavy trucks for long haulage; highway, construction, and refuse trucks; and city and intercity buses, coaches, and bus chassis.
(Note: Data on stock ratings are sourced from here. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>