Analysts Start Stock Coverage on These Companies August 25th
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about companies for which stock analysts initiated coverage on August 25th:
- Rockville Financial (NASDAQ:RCKB): Stifel Nicolaus Buy $12. About the company: Rockville Financial, Inc. is the holding company for Rockville Bank. The Bank accepts deposits and make loans to individuals and businesses. Rockville Bank operates in Hartford and Tolland Counties, Connecticut.
- First Connecticut Bancorp (FBNK): Stifel Nicolaus Buy $15. About the company: First Connecticut Bancorp, Inc. is a stock holding company. FCB has been formed in connection with the conversion of First Connecticut Bancorp, Inc. a mutual holding company from the mutual to the stock form of organization. As of December 31, 2009, MHC owned all of the outstanding stock of Farmington Bank, a savings bank. The MHC will cease to exist as a result of the conversion, and FCB will own all of the common stock of Farmington Bank. As of December 31, 2009, FCB had not engaged in any business. The Company will own 100% of Farmington Bank after the completion of the conversion. As of December 31, 2009, FCB’s only subsidiary was Farmington Bank.
- Aeolus Pharma (AOLS.OB): Ladenburg Thalmann Buy $1.25. About the company: Aeolus Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company. Its compound, AEOL 10150, is entering human clinical trials in oncology. AEOL 10150 had been tested in two Phase-I clinical trials. The compound is also being developed as a medical countermeasure against the pulmonary sub-syndrome of acute radiation syndrome, as well as the gastrointestinal sub-syndrome of acute radiation syndrome. It is also being developed for use as a countermeasure for exposure to chemical vesicants such as chlorine gas and sulfur mustard gas. The Company is developing a platform of broad-spectrum catalytic antioxidant compounds. These compounds, known as metalloporphyrins, scavenge reactive oxygen species (ROS) at the cellular level, mimicking the effect of the body’s own natural antioxidant enzyme superoxide dismutase (SOD). Its compound, AEOL 10150, is a metalloporphyrin designed to neutralize reactive oxygen and nitrogen species.
- Overland Storage (NASDAQ:OVRL): The Benchmark Company Buy $4. About the company: Overland Storage, Inc. provides data protection appliances for small to midsized businesses and distrbuted enterprises. The Company’s products include nearline data protectection, disk backup and recovery, data protection software, and tape backup and archive.Overland markets through original equipment manufacturers, commercial distributors, storage integrators, and value-added resellers.
- Inhibitex (NASDAQ:INHX): Robert W. Baird Outperform $6. About the company: Inhibitex Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes novel antibody-based products. The Company develops products for the prevention and treatment of serious bacterial and fungal infections in the hospital setting.
- Achillion Pharma (NASDAQ:ACHN): Robert W. Baird Outperform $9. About the company: Achillion Pharmaceuticals Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers and develops solutions for infectious diseases such as HIV, hepatitis, and resistant bacterial infections.
- Valmont (NYSE:VMI): KeyBanc Capital Mkts Buy $110. About the company: Valmont Industries, Inc. is a global producer of fabricated metal products. The Company operates through four segments: Engineered Infrastructure Products, Utilities Support Structures (Utility), Coatings segment and Irrigation segment. Engineered Infrastructure Products segment consists of the manufacture of engineered metal structures and components for the global lighting and traffic, wireless communication, roadway safety and access systems applications. Utility Support Structures segment consists of the manufacture of engineered steel and concrete structures for the global utility industry. Coatings segment consists of galvanizing, anodizing and powder coating services on a global basis. Irrigation segment consists of the manufacture of agricultural irrigation equipment and related parts and services. During the year ended December 31, 2010, the Company acquired Delta plc, a publicly traded company.
- Lindsay Corp (NYSE:LNN): KeyBanc Capital Mkts Hold. About the company: Lindsay Corporation manufactures and markets center pivot and lateral move irrigation equipment, as well as large diameter steel tubing, for use to irrigate agricultural crops. The Company also provides outsourced manufacturing and production services to original equipment manufacturers in the United States.
- Badger Meter (NYSE:BMI): KeyBanc Capital Mkts Hold. About the company: Badger Meter, Inc. manufactures and markets flow measurement and control products. The Company’s products are used to measure and control the flow of liquids and gases in a variety of applications. Badger’s products include water meters and associated systems, wastewater meters, industrial process meters, automotive fluid meters, small valves, and natural gas instruments.
(Note: Data on stock ratings are sourced from Briefing.com via the Wall St. Journal. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>