Following is information on companies for which stock analysts initiated coverage today:
- Sunpower (NASDAQ:SPWRA): Auriga initiated coverage on this company with a rating of Sell and a price target of $14. About this company: SunPower Corporation is an integrated solar products and services company that designs, manufactures and markets high-performance solar electric power technologies.
- First Solar (NASDAQ:FSLR): Auriga initiated coverage on this company with a rating of Buy and a price target of $157. About this company: First Solar, Inc. designs and manufactures solar modules. The Company uses a thin film semiconductor technology to manufacture electricity-producing solar modules.
- MEMC Elec (NYSE:WFR): Auriga initiated coverage on this company with a rating of Buy and a price target of $11. About this company: MEMC Electronic Materials, Inc. produces silicon wafers. The Company’s products are used in computers, telecommunications equipment, automobiles, consumer electronics products, industrial automation and control systems, and analytical and defense systems. MEMC operates manufacturing facilities in Italy, Japan, Malaysia, South Korea, Taiwan, and the United States.
- Ecopetrol (NYSE:EC): RBC Capital Mkts initiated coverage on this company with a rating of Sector Perform and a price target of $44. About this company: Ecopetrol SA is an integrated oil company. The Company owns interests in oil producing fields in the central area, south, west and north of Colombia as well as refineries, ports for fuel exports and imports on both coasts and the transportation network of pipelines and polyducts throughout the Colombian territory.
- TrustCo Bank Corp NY (NASDAQ:TRST): Stifel Nicolaus initiated coverage on this company with a rating of Hold. No price target was given. About this company: TrustCo Bank Corp NY is the holding company for Trustco Bank, National Association. The Bank operates banking offices and automated teller machines in Albany, Columbia, Greene, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Warren, and Washington counties, New York. TrustCo provides a wide range of personal and business banking services, including trust services.
- Pandora Media (NYSE:P): Stifel Nicolaus initiated coverage on this stock with a rating of Hold and a price target of $18. About this company: Pandora is an internet radio station generating playlists based on a user’s favorite artist or song. Pandora’s service, free to its more than 80 million registered users and available only in the US, is supported by local and national advertising. Pandora chief strategy officer Tim Westergren founded the company in 2000.
- Marathon Petroleum (MPC): Dahlman Rose initiated coverage on this stock with a rating of Buy and a price target of $55. About this company: Marathon Petroleum Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, engages in refining, transporting, and marketing petroleum products primarily in the United States and internationally.
- Mellanox Tech (NASDAQ:MLNX): Needham initiated coverage on this stock with a rating of Buy and a price target of $39. About this company: Mellanox Technologies Ltd. designs and develops semiconductor-based, high-performance interconnect products. The Company’s products facilitate data transmission between servers and storage systems through communications infrastructure equipment.
(Note: Data on stock ratings are sourced from here. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>