Analysts Started Stock Coverage on These Companies August 5th
Following is information on companies for which stock analysts initiated coverage today, August 5th:
- Veeco Instruments (NASDAQ:VECO): Oppenheimer Perform $45. About the company: Veeco Instruments Inc. manufactures enabling solutions for customers in the HB-LED, solar, data storage, semiconductor, scientific research and industrial markets. The Company has technology positions in three businesses: LED & Solar Process Equipment, Data Storage Process Equipment, and Metrology Instruments.
- Nanometrics (NASDAQ:NANO): Oppenheimer Outperform $22. About the company: Nanometrics Incorporated manufactures film thickness and overlay metrology systems. The Company’s products are used for advanced integrated circuit, flat panel display, and magnetic head manufacturing.
- KLA-Tencor (NASDAQ:KLAC): Oppenheimer Outperform $50. About the company: KLA-Tencor Corporation manufactures yield management and process monitoring systems for the semiconductor industry. The Company’s systems are used to analyze product and process quality at critical steps in the manufacture of circuits and provide feedback so that fabrication problems can be identified. KLA-Tencor operates sales, service, and application centers worldwide.
- Applied Materials (NASDAQ:AMAT): Oppenheimer Perform $15. About the company: Applied Materials, Inc. develops, manufactures, markets, and services semiconductor wafer fabrication equipment and related spare parts for the worldwide semiconductor industry. The Company’s customers include semiconductor wafer and integrated circuit manufacturers, flat panel liquid crystal displays, solar photovoltaic cells and modules and other electronic devices manufacturers.
- SanDisk (NASDAQ:SNDK): Oppenheimer Outperform $65. About the company: SanDisk Corporation supplies flash data storage products. The Company designs, manufactures, and markets industry-standard, solid-state data, digital imaging, and audio storage products using its patented, high-density flash memory and controller technology.
- Micron (NASDAQ:MU): Oppenheimer Perform $9. About the company: Micron Technology, Inc., through its subsidiaries, manufactures and markets dynamic random access memory chips, very fast static random access memory chips, Flash Memory, other semiconductor components, and memory modules.
- Aixtron (NASDAQ:AIXG): Oppenheimer Perform $32. About the company: Aixtron AG engineers and manufactures metal organic chemical vapor deposition equipment for the semiconductor industry. The Company’s customers use its equipment to produce compound semiconductor layer structures for use in LED, laser, solar cell, transistor, telecommunications, and other applications. Aixtron markets its products worldwide.
(Note: Data on stock ratings are sourced from Briefing.com via the Wall St. Journal. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>