Analysts Upgraded Stock Ratings on These 7 Companies Today
Following is information on stocks upgraded by analysts today:
- Complete Production Services (NYSE:CPX): Global Hunter Securities upgraded this stock from Accumulate to Buy and changed its price target from $38 to $45. About the company: Complete Production Services, Inc. offers services to the oil and natural gas production industry. The Company establishes, maintains, and enhances the flow of oil and gas throughout the life of a well, offers land drilling, specialized rig logistics and site preparation services, and offers products such as completion, flow control and artificial lift equipment, and tubular goods.
- Cameron (NYSE:CAM): Global Hunter Securities upgraded this stock from Neutral to Buy and changed its price target from $55 to $63. About the company: Cameron International Corporation manufactures oil and gas pressure control equipment, including valves, wellheads, chokes, and assembled systems. The Company’s equipment is used for oil and gas drilling, production, and transmission in onshore, offshore, and subsea applications. Cameron also produces gas turbines, centrifugal gas and air compressors, and other products.
- Avid Tech (NASDAQ:AVID): Brigantine upgraded this stock from Hold to Buy and changed its price target from $20 to $22. About the company: Avid Technology, Inc. develops, markets, sells, and supports a variety of software and systems for creating and manipulating digital media content. The Company develops and sells digital editing systems and newsroom computer systems, as well as digital audio systems. Avid’s products are used worldwide in production and post-production film, video, and television facilities.
- Grand Canyon Education (NASDAQ:LOPE): RBC Capital Mkts upgraded this stock from Sector Perform to Outperform and changed its price target from $15 to $16. About the company: Grand Canyon Education, Inc. provides online post secondary education services. The Company offers graduate and undergraduate degree programs in disciplines of education, business, and healthcare. Competitors to Watch: Career Education Corp. (NASDAQ:CECO), DeVry Inc. (NYSE:DV), Corinthian Colleges, Inc. (NASDAQ:COCO), Strayer Education, Inc. (NASDAQ:STRA), American Public Education, Inc. (NASDAQ:APEI), ITT Educational Services, Inc. (NYSE:ESI), National American Univ. Hldgs., Inc. (NASDAQ:NAUH), Bridgepoint Education, Inc. (NYSE:BPI), and Education Management Corp (NASDAQ:EDMC).
- Exco Resources (NYSE:XCO): Stifel Nicolaus upgraded this stock from Hold to Buy and raised its price target to $19. About the company: EXCO Resources, Inc. explores for oil and natural gas. The Company operates in onshore locations in the United States.
- Canadian Natrl Res (NYSE:CNQ): Stifel Nicolaus upgraded this stock from Hold to Buy and raised its price target to $50. About the company: Canadian Natural Resources Ltd. acquires, explores for, develops, and produces natural gas, crude oil, and related products. The Company operates in the Canadian provinces of Alberta, northeastern British Columbia and Saskatchewan. Canadian Natural also operates in areas which have access for exploration activities and where pipeline systems already exist.
- Marriott (NYSE:MAR) Robert W. Baird upgraded this stock from Neutral to Outperform and raised its price target from $40 to $44. About the company: Marriott International Inc. is a worldwide operator and franchisor of hotels. The Company franchises lodging facilities and vacation timesharing resorts under various brand names. Marriott also provides services to home and condominium owner associations for projects associated with several of its brands. Competitors to Watch:Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc (NYSE:HOT), Wyndham Worldwide Corporation (NYSE:WYN), Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE:H), Intercontinental Hotels Group plc (NYSE:IHG), and Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. (NASDAQ:SVLF).
(Note: data on stock ratings is sourced from here. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>