Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about companies for which stock analysts upgraded the shares on September 1st.
- Triangle Capital (NASDAQ:TCAP): Ladenburg Thalmann upgraded its rating on this company from Neutral to Buy. No price target was given. About the company: Triangle Capital Corporation is a finance company that provides financing solutions to lower middle market companies located throughout the United States, with an emphasis on the Southeast. The Company invests primarily in senior subordinated debt securities secured by second lien security interests in portfolio company assets, coupled with equity interests.
- Deckers Outdoor (NASDAQ:DECK): Longbow upgraded its rating on this company from Neutral to Buy and changed its price target to $115. About the company: Deckers Outdoor Corporation designs and markets footwear and accessories. The Company offers footwear for men, women and children. Deckers sells its products including accessories such as handbags, headwear, and outerwear, through domestic retailers and international distributors, and directly to end-user consumers, through call centers, retail concept stores and retail outlet stores.
- Medtronic (NYSE:MDT): Argus upgraded its rating on this company from Sell to Hold. No price target was given. About the company: Medtronic, Inc. develops therapeutic and diagnostic medical product. The Company’s principal products include those for bradycardia pacing, tachyarrhythmia management, atrial fibrillation management, heart failure management, heart valve replacement, malignant and non-malignant pain, and movement disorders. Medtronic’s products are sold worldwide.
- Wesco (NYSE:WCC): Oppenheimer upgraded its rating on this company from Perform to Outperform. No price target was given. About the company: WESCO International, Inc. distributed electrical products and other industrial maintenance, repair, and operating supplies. The Company also provides integrated supply services. WESCO operates branches and distribution centers in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Guam, Mexico, the United Kingdom, and Singapore, which serve customers worldwide.
- Cognizant Tech (NASDAQ:CTSH): Needham upgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Strong Buy and changed its price target to $100. About the company: Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation provides custom Information Technology consulting and technology services as well as outsourcing services. The Company’s core competencies include technology strategy consulting, complex systems development, enterprise software package implementation and maintenance, data warehousing and business intelligence.
- Concho Resources (NYSE:CXO): Morgan Keegan upgraded its rating from Mkt Perform to Outperform and changed its price target from $115 to $110. About the company: Concho Resources, Inc. acquires, develops, and explores for oil and natural gas properties in the Permian Basin area of Southeast New Mexico and West Texas.
(Note: Data on stock ratings are sourced from Briefing.com via the Wall St. Journal. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>